Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Csilla
Csilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Need help with Caliber html to zip?

I'm new so hello all but I'm here cause I was using I believe 0.7.2 and caliber recently upgraded to the 0.7.28?

My issue is when I drag and drop HTML's to convert to mobi's they appear in the list as Zips and all are 0.0mb when a lot of them are anywhere from 0.1-7.8mb.
So my needing help is how do I disable the zipping of them once I drop them in?

Cause before when I dropped them in they stayed as HTML listed not ZIP.

Thanks all for any input and sorry if I'm posting in the wrong part of the forum
Csilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csilla View Post
I'm new so hello all but I'm here cause I was using I believe 0.7.2 and caliber recently upgraded to the 0.7.28?

My issue is when I drag and drop HTML's to convert to mobi's they appear in the list as Zips and all are 0.0mb when a lot of them are anywhere from 0.1-7.8mb.

Thanks all for any input and sorry if I'm posting in the wrong part of the forum
HTML should end up zipped because HTML files may have more than 1 file to work correctly (Images, style sheets, more pages).

Worry about the Results, not the size

When you select the book,and Click VIEW, do you get a usable book ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
Csilla

I get a folder with a zip and some other stuff but no mobi and the zip only has a HTML in it
Old 11-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you are adding a HTML file then what else are you expecting to see other than the ZIP containing the HTML file?

If the HTML book consisted of more than one HTML file, then it is important that you add the top level HTML file that references the others so that Calibre knows to include them. I have also seen cases where the result is 0 length when the HTML file is badly formatted - such as missing the I initial <HTML> tag.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Csilla

well when I try to convert to mobi they don't convert right like maybe the last chapter or a slice of it
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csilla View Post

You can't disable packaging HTML as a zip. This is the way calibre packages the HTML and your HTML was always previously listed as a zip.

You can't drag n drop just any html file and expect the book to convert. When you add HTML you need to drag the index html or TOC html that has links to all the other html pages in the book. Calibre will follow those links and grab up the needed pages and images, then package in a zip file.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Csilla

okay wait a sec I used to just drag and drop HTML's in and they convert right to mobi when I pick convert. I've just tried turning off the HTML to zip and all my HTML show the proper file size but now when I converted them a 4,xxxkb HTML turns into a 10kb Mobi with nothing but text like "chapter xxxx, chapter xxxxx" over and over so whats going wrong? I'm not very uh programming smart? I guess