Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
looking for a post from a few days ago..

... and I just can't find it. It was about editing out certain words in a story, such as 'suddenly', 'slowly' etc...

I wanted to save that post, since I'm doing a proofreading and editing course.

Can anyone help? Yes, I have tried to search...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
If you can remember a member who posted in it, maybe you could try searching that member's posts?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Lene, was it using a particular program to do the edit?

Do you know what forum it was in?

How about any members who responded?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, unfortunately I don't know any more than what I said... I've tried searching for a few people I thought might have written it, but no luck... I've spend an hour trying to find it...

I think the person was commenting on a story, and suggested the author remove these ?adverbs (I really don't know what they're called.. )
Old 10-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you think it is the one below?

Would you keep reading?
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard

No... it was only a couple of days ago... I just wish I could remember what the book was called - then I could look up the author...

Hopefully the person (a professional editor, I think) will come on sometime in the near future...

Thanks for your time trying to find it...
Old 10-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard

I've just found something, which explains it just like the post I wanted to save...

http://www.users.qwest.net/~yarnspnr...bs/adverbs.htm
Old 10-03-2010, 05:10 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I am glad you found something, lene. I kept looking and trying to remember members who were editors. rhadin is one member that I know is an editor. neilmarr is another.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Do you have "history" set on your browser for more than a day or so.

You can try looking through the mobileread entries up to (say) 1 week ago ....

[my browsing history is set for 'at least 5 days' and I have discovered it goes back 6 months !]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote