Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
adi
Enthusiast
adi began at the beginning.

Device: irex digital reader
Reader just went dead

My digital reader suddenly went dead. I was reading a pdf, when the reader froze. Pressing the reset button did not do anything. So, I just felt it aside for about a week.

After a week, I tried to recharge it, and it froze again during recharging. I removed it from charging and left it aside for a two three days. Now, when I try to recharge it, nothing happens. Pressing the reset button does nothing. The reader does not give visual feedback that it is working.

Any ideas on what I should do?
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds rather as if it's a battery problem, doesn't it? I suspect that, unfortunately, you're going to have to send it back to iRex.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I'd try an external charger first. Plug in, wait around 10mins. Hit the reset & see if that works else try once more. If still no luck, then raise a ticket with iRex.

I've found them helpful and if it does need to go back, it is a relatively smooth process.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
To be honest, why are there so many fails of DR, such an expensive device???!!!!!!
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
I'd try an external charger first. Plug in, wait around 10mins. Hit the reset & see if that works else try once more. If still no luck, then raise a ticket with iRex.

I've found them helpful and if it does need to go back, it is a relatively smooth process.

Howard
So how long does it usually take to waiting for the repaired back? And cost????
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
To be honest, why are there so many fails of DR, such an expensive device???!!!!!!
Are there many? I honestly can't recall reading of many at all.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
yingwu
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you check on the internet, instead of this forum. Of course, I do not have the data. You too, right? So just different feeling, maybe.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No, I certainly don't have any "inside information" . I think, though, that when looking at problem reports, one does have to remember, with any device, that it's the people with problems who naturally report them. The "happy majority" are silent.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
yingwu
Addict

En....that's right. And I got terrified when seeing their terrible experiences. It is easy for me there are bugs that may be improved later, but rise a ticket......O...should be terrible.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
adi
Enthusiast
adi began at the beginning.

Device: irex digital reader
Quote:
I tried that, but the reader still does not respond.

Quote:
Howard
Good to know. I am travelling, but I will send them a request when I get back, and see how the process goes.

Thanks,
Aditya
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I agree. I was also thinking that I haven't really heard of many actual failures. Various firmware bugs, yes, but few cases of a unit that had to be repaired/replaced.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
I don't think I've seen any other complete device failures at all, and having done some Google searching, I haven't found any out there in the general internet.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
The return to irex and then back to myself was 3 weeks in total. Took a day for the UPS returns box to arrive so effectively 1 day to email and get confirmation a return was needed, the next day the box was with me. I sent it off the following day and just over 2 weeks later it came back.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
The return to irex and then back to myself was 3 weeks in total. Took a day for the UPS returns box to arrive so effectively 1 day to email and get confirmation a return was needed, the next day the box was with me. I sent it off the following day and just over 2 weeks later it came back.

Howard
What issue were you having with it? I remember your thread about sending it back, but not what the problem was.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
What issue were you having with it? I remember your thread about sending it back, but not what the problem was.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...847#post351847

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote