Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Druidsbane
Druidsbane began at the beginning.

Device: txtr
Brother SV-100B

This looks pretty interesting and the article claims its coming out in June. Discuss

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/12/b...-like-an-e-bo/
Druidsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Needs conversion and not targeted to normal consumers and it is pretty big. Doesnt sounds that good, BUT june is not that far away and that is very good! I wonder if it is epson, viplex ect in it...

If the price is right I will buy it even though I dont like the look or the conversion thing but I need a 9.7 inch device!
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Wario
Connoisseur
Wario began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Would need more info, price and format support comes to mind. As for business use, I don't think many company would even use it.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
Jason
Jason began at the beginning.

Brother SV-100B in its offical website

link:http://www.brother.co.jp/product/epa...100b/index.htm
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
eal
eal began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
http://www.pcworld.com/article/16112...nt_reader.html

at the end of this article it says the device will be about $1460.....
eal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
It certainly looks interesting for discussion any way. Would love it someone that can read Japanese can pick out some details. The google translation leaves alot to be desired.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
eal

some of the specs

15.5 mm thick
600 grams
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
eal

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...icleid/3110911

says in part

First-year domestic sales are projected at 5,000 units. The product is expected to hit the U.S. market later this year, according to the company.

''We intend to roll out a version for ordinary consumers in the future,'' a company spokesperson said.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
1500$? No, thank you.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #10
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
If $1400+ is really the price, it is going to be a hard sell to virtually anyone. Most companies will wonder how this is better than a full featured computer or just plain paper... particularly in an economy that has all companies trimming their budget. Make it $300 and it might be worth it..

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
1500€ !!
if they sell only one, i would be surprised...
I will stick with my tc1100 for several months more I think. The technology isn't mature apparently.. it reminds me of the first PCs with a few Kb of RAM at 10 000$.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
Druidsbane
Druidsbane began at the beginning.

Device: txtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by eal View Post
http://www.pcworld.com/article/16112...nt_reader.html

at the end of this article it says the device will be about $1460.....
To be honest I sometimes whether companies are intentionally pricing themselves out of business or competition. I can't imagine any boardroom where they'd hear a price like that and expect that they'd make any money. If there is money to be made from volume rather than smaller amounts then why not start with the lower price first and make lots of money rather than possibly miss the chance to compete at all. Anyways, at $300 to at most $500 if its really performant its a possibility, otherwise it'll just be another anecdote that will never be remembered.
Druidsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #13
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Why does the article on ereadgizmo.com (originally posted on slashgear.com) say that this device has an lcd display rather than eink display, while all the others say otherwise. Now I'm confused.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #14
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Why does the article on ereadgizmo.com (originally posted on slashgear.com) say that this device has an lcd display rather than eink display, while all the others say otherwise. Now I'm confused.
I think it is a typo or misunderstanding. The specification of the device clearly says it has '反射型電子ペーパーディスプレイ(電気泳動方式)' which will be roughly translated as 'reflective electronic paper display'.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #15
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

just another overly gray screen from what I can see. Other devices of that size are going to be a lot less expensive. I wonder what it offers for that $1400MSRP? Unemployment insurance for the dolt who specs a device made by Brother for the company he or she works for? I really cannot remember the last time Brother was relevant for any technology purchase I have spec-ed. Seems there are always better devices both cheaper and with a higher ROI than anything made by Brother.

Interesting device in a way because it is the only device I've run across that focuses on right handed use. I have noticed more people I know and myself reads left handed.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote