Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Whoover
Enthusiast
Whoover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo Vox
Newbie Questions

Well, for all those people out there who received a Vox for Christmas, I'd like to ask a few newbie questions hoping someone can easily answer them;

1. How do you load an app that is not on GetJar? (I'd like to add Kindle and Aldiko)

2. What sort of battery life can i expect if on Airplane Mode, and what if not?

3. How long does it take to charge up?

Many thanks.
Whoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think the easiest way to download apps not in get jar is to use dropbox. Use your Vox browser and go here: https://www.dropbox.com/android You can directly download the dropbox app which will land in your downloads folder. If it doesn't begin to install on its own (I honestly don't remember if it does) go to downloads and click on it. Dropbox will then install.

Once it is on both your desktop and on your Vox, you can locate the apk you want, download it onto your desktop dropbox, and then click on it on your Vox Dropbox and it will install. You can find apps by searching, but there are some stores folks really like. I like handango.com because you can also buy paid apps from there and the files are all legit.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote