Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #61
Hades77
Hades77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi
I'd be glad to help, if you tell me what to do. I'm not dumb and i can handle command line in Linux and ssh, but have no experience with kindle programming.

If I got it right, your from Germany like me, so if you PN me we could write in German.
Grüße aus München,

Alex
Hades77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #62
mattsches
mattsches began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NoTouch Black (2012)
Running on K4?

Hi all,

I'm new to Kindle stuff, trying to use it for displaying the current power rating of my solar panels. Stumbled across the WebLaunch full screen browser (thanks Paul! and the rest of you guys for all the other invaluable work!) and thought that - along with a generated web page on my home server - this would perhaps be easier to use than the svg/png generation approach you can find on Matthew Petroff's web site.

(For those of you wondering: My "server" is a Beckhoff PLC running Windows CE - Python support might be available to some degree, but SVG-PNG conversion seems impossible to get.)

But before I dig further into the matter, do you gus see a chance to get WebLaunch running on a K4 NoTouch?

I successfully installed KUAL on mine, and WebLaunch shows up as application. But trying to start it makes KUAL crash. I saved KUALs log file and found the following messages:

Quote:
SQL error: no such table: handlerIds
SQL error: no such table: handlerIds
SQL error: no such table: properties
com.lab126.appmgrd failed to set value for property start (0x3 lipcErrNoSuchSource)
Just to give it a try, I also tried Hades77's modification of start.sh, but without success (no wonder, considering his modification was for PW2, not K4).

Any suggestions where I should start digging?

Thanks & regards,
mattsches
mattsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #63
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think the whole WAF doesn't really exist on K4s. Thinking about it: does the built-in browser do SVG at all?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #64
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, no X, no WAF. Can't say about SVG.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #65
mattsches
mattsches began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NoTouch Black (2012)
No SVG, either. As far as I see it. But that doesn't trouble me, I'd use static PNGs for the symbols and combine them with text via HTML instead of "injecting" text (values) into an SVG template and converting that.

Sad about that WAF missing...

So, modifying the standard browser to hide its status and title bars wouldn't be possible by any chance?
mattsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #66
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not AFAIR, the UI is full java on those.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #67
fortyfour
fortyfour began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi all,
It looks like the mesquite from PW2 that was incompatible with this app was added to PW1 on an update.

I may try to downgrade to have it work if I can't easily develop a solution.

Last edited by fortyfour; 02-08-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: removed broken link
fortyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:55 PM   #68
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
PW 5.4 problem starting WebLaunch

I have installed this on my 5.4.4.2 version Paperwhite - jailbreak.

Kual -> Helper works OK.

Kual -> WebLaunch shows "bin/start.sh" briefly and then the "Application Error" Dialog Box opens: "The selected application could not be started."

I really would like to get rid of the menu bar on my javascript application. Any ideas for what I could try?
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #69
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

I found the start.sh that Hades77 had tried for PW2. I put it on my PW1 and it did the same thing for me as it did for Hades77. The WebLauncher app started but it was a blank screen without any way to get out of it -> power button to restart.

Is there anyone who has solved this?

Edit:

WebLaunch is not really hung. If you touch the very upper right hand corner of the screen the standard menu appears. Then if you touch the middle of the screen it goes away again. WebLauncher is running it's just not giving anyway to talk to it.

I tried to putting an ipaddress in the start.sh (last line). That didn't work. I don't know the synax of the invoke line:

Quote:
## Start the application

lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://$APP_ID
Maybe there is a way for force a start up url?

Last edited by Bob Brunius; 02-06-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #70
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

Anyone you know where the Skipstone files are located? I've searched and found nothing.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #71
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-browser/
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #72
Blokk
Blokk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5)
Hello,

Sorry about reviving this about 7 month old post, but I have a bug with this browser. I have similar problem with the built-in one browser too. I wonder if there is some logging option for this browser, so i could see what exactly causes the browsers exiting on my Kindle touch. The main post is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=271927

Thanks very much for any help!
Blokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #73
fluffatron
fluffatron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFreund View Post
# WebLaunch #

WebLaunch is an extension for the Kindle Touch ( and probably the Kindle PaperWhite too ) with JailBreak and the application launcher KUAL. It is designed to open a URL without the browser frame (the black status bar can be removed too) to make it look like a native application.

## Installation ##

* Make sure your Kindle Touch is already Jailbreaked
* Make sure you have KUAL installed and the "extensions" folder exists
* Copy the WebLaunch folder to the "extensions" folder ( don't rename it without changing bin/start.sh first )
* Copy the settings.example.js in the WebLaunch folder to settings.js and change its contents to fit your needs

## Background ##

WebLaunch is based on "mesquite" former WAF and utilizes the "Kindle" template library and a few system librarys based on it to bring as much native browser behaviour as possible.

## Notes ##

Special thanks go to the folks at mobileread.com for their great work opening up the Kindle.

## Link ##

https://github.com/PaulFreund/WebLaunch

Hi, I'm following all the steps, but when I launch the app from KUAL it says "The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Could you help me out? I'm using a Kindle Paperwhite. Thank you!
fluffatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #74
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffatron View Post
Hi, I'm following all the steps, but when I launch the app from KUAL it says "The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

What firmware and which Paperwhite?
There are 3 of them now.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #75
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffatron View Post

You can try as many times as you want, it probably isn't going to work.

Give us the first six characters of your device's serial number and the firmware version number you are running.

Both available on the Device Info panel reached via settings.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons, mesquite, webapp