Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Battery drain using screen lock on PB360?

I usually don't shut down my 360 when I finish reading--I just use the screen lock. Lately I've been having a problem that the battery seems to be draining when I do that--that the pages are moving back and forth and it uses up the battery. I have the page-turn hack installed and I think the pages are turning while I'm carrying the device in a bag, just as I'm walking and the bag turns, etc.

I completely charged the battery a few days ago, didn't read much until yesterday, when I read it for about two hours, and then this morning I got on the train and the battery was dead.

Is anyone else having this problem using the screen lock?
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
It's strange, I use the screen lock every day, and have not noticed that loss of battery. It seems too much loss to me.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I have the same issue, except I don't notice the pages turning while it's locked. But lately the battery drains MUCH faster if I leave it locked than if I turn it completely off.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
It's definitely not always on the same page it was when I locked it. Sometimes it's several pages one way or the other.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I haven't tried since I installed 15.3b, but I found if I was using the pageturn app that the screen lock didn't work for me. So that could definitely be your problem.

If you set your reader so that on start it goes to the last page read you can start reading straight away. I just make sure that I read to the end of a page, turn the page and then turn my reader off. When I start it again it comes back at the new page and by the time it paginates, the next page can be turned. You don't drain your battery and you always have a page ready to be read.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
If you set your reader so that on start it goes to the last page read you can start reading straight away. I just make sure that I read to the end of a page, turn the page and then turn my reader off. When I start it again it comes back at the new page and by the time it paginates, the next page can be turned. You don't drain your battery and you always have a page ready to be read.
Nope. Not anymore. I *used* to be able to do this, but not now. Now, if I turn the page and lock it, when I come back to it later that day or the next day, the page may or may not have changed, but the battery has gone down. Not a noticeable amount on a day to day basis, but the time between charges is far less than it used to be, and it now shuts off with 2 bars left.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
Your situation sounds more drastical than mine, but mine also consumes battery although the screen is locked. I think it won't last a week with the screen locked.
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker

Yeah, I think I need a new battery. Lucky me, the only Pocketbook store in the US is right in my backyard, and they have a customer service center here, too! So hopefully it won't be a major undertaking to get it taken care of.