Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
HollyR
HollyR began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Can't connect by 3G

I have had my Nook classic 3G for about 3 weeks now and am about ready to return it unless someone can talk me down off the ledge. When I first got it I could connect to the 3G network....that is why I paid $50 extra for the 3G model. But now I can't get a connection anywhere. Any suggestions appreciated.
BTW although I live in a somewhat rural area it is not on the moon or anything. My Verizon cellphone works just fine. I even got in the car and drove around town...no connection anywhere.
HollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Have you tried rebooting it?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
HollyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Have you tried rebooting it?
Good idea but, sadly, didn't help.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
bigbrothad
bigbrothad began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Are you unable to access the BN store via 3G?

Just making sure, the 3G service only allows you access to the BN store. You cannot browse the internet on it. The 3G service is on ATT which is a GSM network, totally different from Verizon.
bigbrothad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
HollyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrothad View Post
Are you unable to access the BN store via 3G?

Correct, I cannot access the store, cannot read the Daily Nook feature.
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyR View Post
Correct, I cannot access the store, cannot read the Daily Nook feature.
Maybe you should try a factory reset.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #7
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Too many variables to know what might be causing your problem. I got a Nook WiFi+3G for Christmas. Hooked it up to our wireless router very quickly and after entering our password am able to surf the internet using the beta browser. Cludgy but doable.

My only point is that it can be done. Have you gone to a Barnes and Noble store to ask them locals what the problem might be? One of the main reasons I preferred a Nook is the availability of local support.

I hope this is helpful. I know how frustrating these kinds of things can be.

G J Lau
Check out my book on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/36482
Visit my blog at http://www.windroot.blogspost.com/
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #8
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
The Nook uses AT&T 3g coverage...try checking an AT&T coverage map to make sure you have coverage in your area.

If so it might have a problem.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #9
HollyR

Thanks to all of you who responded. I tried a factory reset to discover that I first had to "unregister" which I couldn't do without a 3G connection...talk about a Catch 22. I called B&N and was given a way to circumvent that which involved a trip to Starbucks because you had to do it with WiFi available. I finally got that done and it didn't help. Today in desperation I tried again and suddenly my 3G became available...now, once again, it is not available. Bottom line is that AT&T sucks in my area. I still have a few days to decide but might return the unit. Such is life, thanks again for your help.