Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
coolnamehere
coolnamehere began at the beginning.

Device: prs300
add and delete recipes

I doubt I'm the first to ask this but so far searching I don't think I'm seeing an answer: how do I delete recipes such that the newsfeeds list is just the items I want? That is, I'll never grab Bosnian news (for example) so I'd like to remove it from the list.

I closed calibre, removed the relevant recipes from recipes/ and nothing changed (if I'm supposed to run something to rebuild based on recipes/ content I couldn't figure out what).

so I edited builtin_recipes.xml which seemed to have the desired affect but I don't know if this is the 'official' way to do it.

and if editing builtin_recipes.xml is how it's done, can I add the recipes/ and builtin_recipes.xml from a new calibre release and get the most up-to-date news sources? I'm using 0.6.28 but see from the changelog there's lots of new recipes so was hoping I could just add them.

thanks
coolnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no official way to do it. Eiditing builtin_recipes will do the trick, but it will get overwritten each time you upgrade. And yes, you can add new recipes by editing builtin_recipes and putting the recipe file in the correct location
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
coolnamehere
coolnamehere began at the beginning.

Device: prs300
I appreciate it, thank you.
coolnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote