Notices

Old 12-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
cozworth
gadget crazy
cozworth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505/900
Plucker - trying to open new document

Hello:

I am trying to use Plucker on a Palm TX. It seemed to install ok. However, When loading new files onto my device I can't find/open them from Plucker. But I can see them in other reader softer that is already loaded...even ones I didn't expect!

I am not TYPICALLY a looser when it comes to figuring this this stuff out. But I am feeling like one now. I am starting to think something isn't installed correctly.

BTW...I noticed that the version I have is 1.6.2. I just downloaded it yesterday. Seems like it should have pulled a newer version.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks,
cozworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
And the file were Plucker files?

I usually put my Plucker file in /PALM/Ebooks on either the internal memory (not the main memory but the partition that works as an external card) or on the external card.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
My Plucker files on the card end up under /PALM/Programs/Plucker. I don't keep them in internal memory, but they should be recognized by the program there as well. The should be *.pdb files. I don't use Plucker Desktop, but rather SunriseXP to put the files on my card, so I can't help you if Plucker Desktop's your thing.

Plucker on your Palm should be version 1.8 (or 1.9 if you download a more recent "snapshot" currently in development). Check the version on your palm, and if needed go to http://www.plkr.org/download and select your operating system near the top. I'm wondering if you're confusing the "Plucker Desktop" on your computer (which is version 1.6.2 for Windows).

I am a big proponent of SunriseXP (started the Wiki for it here on mobileread). I haven't used Plucker Desktop in a long time, but I found that earlier versions of Sunrise were much easier to handle. Check https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/SunriseXP_tutorial for more information on it. Good luck!

Last edited by doogie68; 12-28-2007 at 03:25 PM.
doogie68 is offline   Reply With Quote