Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
icarusrex
icarusrex began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Broken screen, need to uninstall jb before I return to Amazon...

Ok, So I'm kind of clumsy and I broke my kindles screen, so as a warning, be careful, and anyway I would love to return it to Amazon but I jailbroke it as well and I would like to uninstall the Jailbreak before I mail it out, just to be safe. Can someone give me a hand with this? Basically I would really appreciate it if someone could walk me through the steps of the uninstall based on the number of keystrokes, i.e. hit menu then click down 4 times, click, then hit menu again... etc. So yeah any help would be awesome, 3rd generation kindle 3g
icarusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
First post - welcome (I think).

Secondly - the team "jailbreak" only applies to iPhone/iPad. What you've done is hacked your Kindle.

Third - Amazon most likely won't realize your Kindle is hacked (prior to refunding, anyway). So take advantage of the internet's premier e-retailer as you see fit (sleep tight, BTW).

Forth - Stop hacking your stuff as it voids your warranty. If you want free replacement warranty service, guess what? If you're hacked, you're screwed. Maybe this will serve as a lesson learned if Amazon denies your return because of your "jailbreak." I hope all hacked devices sent in for warranty repair/replacement are flat out refused. Makes sense.

I wish you the best and hope antics like this don't result in higher prices for everyone else.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
If you followed the directions in this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

Then all you should have to do is run the uninstalls that you will find in the same zip files you downloaded.

Note after Change log in red

* Jailbreak:
Added an uninstaller, just in case
v0.2.N:
Works on firmware v3.x .

Hope that helps.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Restore to factory default.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Good grief, there are rules for the use of the word jailbreak? Did apple patent that word too. Or maybe it should be ijailbreak?
Amazon have stated that hacking doesn't void your warranty. It does violate the terms of service which means potentially they could cancel your account. Doesn't cost other consumers a cent..

Amazon replaced my hacked kindle. They couldn't care less about the hack. Because, believe it or not, the hacks do not cause the buttons to stick. And physical issues are the main reason why kindles are replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
First post - welcome (I think).

Secondly - the team "jailbreak" only applies to iPhone/iPad. What you've done is hacked your Kindle.

Third - Amazon most likely won't realize your Kindle is hacked (prior to refunding, anyway). So take advantage of the internet's premier e-retailer as you see fit (sleep tight, BTW).

Forth - Stop hacking your stuff as it voids your warranty. If you want free replacement warranty service, guess what? If you're hacked, you're screwed. Maybe this will serve as a lesson learned if Amazon denies your return because of your "jailbreak." I hope all hacked devices sent in for warranty repair/replacement are flat out refused. Makes sense.

I wish you the best and hope antics like this don't result in higher prices for everyone else.

Last edited by Pushka; 10-03-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert