Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #211
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Will check later today, do not have the K3 with me ... and I have your version installed, of course. Used the example of config.txt just to outline, that I used this hack before successful as well. And as mentioned, I am not aware having changed your keyboard-european.txt, just the keyboard.txt. I have choosen this file, because the timeout is in there ... as in config.txt
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #212
juco
Enthusiast
juco is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm m105, Kindle KB
Works like a charm, thank you! Will send you my "germanized" versions of keyboard.txt and keyboard_european.txt via mail...

Yours,
Ralph
juco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #213
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Got it, but do not understand, what and why you did like this ... as mentioned, I simply modified keyboard.txt the same way as the former config.txt and get the expected results i.e. aa=ä, AA=Ä, qq=q
And no entry for each and every letter.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #214
juco
Enthusiast
juco is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm m105, Kindle KB
OK, I started with the Czech version which maps almost all keys to Czech characters. I kept all 1:1 entries like a=a (doesn't hurt) and changed only z=y and y=z. And of course the double entries for our German Umlaut vowels äüöÄÖÜ plus ss=ß, ee=€, qq=@, ..=,

Obviously, 1:1 entries may be omitted. I left them in to provide a default matrix for other languages and their specific keyboard layout.
juco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #215
DanilinS
DanilinS began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
I want to translate the interface into Russian.
Sir Alex seems to have lost interest in this occupation.
Tell me which files in the German / Czech localization package to edit?
Pictures are already translated.

Sorry for my bad English.
DanilinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #216
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Hi DanilinS,
sorry for my late answer.

Please download the attached zip file, you'll find two directory trees there:
translation and translation_unfinished

Directory translation is the translation tree, directory translation_unfinished contains files with unfinished translation only (either missing or ambiguous) and is there just for reference.
The actual Russian phrases need to be added/corrected in the translation tree.
Ambiguous phrases are separated with a special sequence #or# in both trees.

Please send me your translation when finished, I'll make the hack then.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation.zip (144.2 KB, 353 views)
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #217
fxexpert
fxexpert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Hi DanilinS,
sorry for my late answer.

Directory translation is the translation tree, directory translation_unfinished contains files with unfinished translation only (either missing or ambiguous) and is there just for reference.
The actual Russian phrases need to be added/corrected in the translation tree.

Hello dsmig,

I would like to make Ukrainian translation to the Kindle fw 3.4. Could you please send files should be translated and than make hack when ready?
Thank you in advance.
fxexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #218
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fxexpert, is there any existing Ukrainian localization for previous firmware versions ?
It would be nice to build on it, as starting from scratch would take much more time.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #219
fxexpert

Quote:
fxexpert, is there any existing Ukrainian localization for previous firmware versions ?
It would be nice to build on it, as starting from scratch would take much more time.
Yes, you can download it here:
http://code.google.com/p/k3-loc/downloads/list
Ukrainian transalation located in the folder "loc_ukr"
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #220
dsmid
Linux devotee

Here you are, fxexpert. The same guidelines apply to you:

Quote:

The actual Ukrainian phrases need to be added/corrected in the translation tree.

I will also need a default Ukrainian layout for physkeyb, as it will be incorporated in the hack.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_translation.zip (148.7 KB, 181 views)
Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #221
fxexpert

Quote:
Here you are, fxexpert. The same guidelines apply to you:
I will also need a default Ukrainian layout for physkeyb, as it will be incorporated in the hack.
Thank you dsmid. Translation is ready, and keyboard layout also. I really appreciate your help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_translation_ready.zip (99.6 KB, 210 views)
Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #222
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxexpert View Post
Thank you dsmid. Translation is ready, and keyboard layout also. I really appreciate your help.
OK, first hack version built.
Your sources contained lot of files encoded in Windows-1251, I had to convert them to UTF-8 first. Current translation tree is attached.
There are also few remaining phrases without translation, see translation_unfinished.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_translation.zip (115.1 KB, 199 views)
File Type: zip loc_ukr_3.4r1.zip (3.44 MB, 225 views)
Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #223
fxexpert

Quote:
OK, first hack version built.
Your sources contained lot of files encoded in Windows-1251, I had to convert them to UTF-8 first. Current translation tree is attached.
There are also few remaining phrases without translation, see translation_unfinished.
Thanks a lot! And sorry for the additional work converting to UTF-8. I have translated the rest in UTF-8.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_translation_ready.zip (100.2 KB, 225 views)
Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #224
dsmid
Linux devotee

Thanks for the quick response.
This time it's complete.

BTW Have you tried to install the hack ? Does it work ? Does the keyboard work after Shift-Enter ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ukr_3.4r2.zip (3.44 MB, 227 views)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #225
fxexpert

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response.
This time it's complete.

BTW Have you tried to install the hack ? Does it work ? Does the keyboard work after Shift-Enter ?
I have successfully installed the hack. Quick look shows the interface translated correctly. The keyboard switching is working fine. When I press Shift-Enter, I could see at the right bottom "uk " and "en". So it seems to be one space on the right "uk " and if possible should be removed. Some more information about translations:
1. When I attach the kindle to the PC USB, I could see non English text (seems to be Czech). Is it possible to translate?
2. When from "Home" I press Menu and Experimental I could see English text without translation, below where is the option to run Browser". The text starts "We are working on an experimental Web Browser. ..."
3. When I run web browser without Wi-Fi, I got not translated text "Turn Wireless On? Your Kindle wireless is turned off. Do you want to turn wireless on?
4. When in the option to set Time I could see not translated text "set".

I have also a question about files .properties. For example, translation\com\amazon\ebook\framework\resources\S ystemMessages.properties
wn.radio.off.msg=Your Kindle wireless is turned off. Do you want to turn wireless on?
Shoud I replace it with translated text or should I add it separated by TAB?
It seems I miss that kind of translation.

Thank you again for greate job. I will fix my final translations and ask you to build the hack again if possible.

Tags
localization