Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
geronimo72
geronimo72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite - missing folder "backed issues"

Hallo,

I just switched from Kindle and Kindle Keyboard to Kindle Paperwhite. I've been receiving my daily news via e-mail from some news servers and a web service which is most probably using Calibre to turn rss feeds into books/periodicals and sending them via e-mail to the reader. Everything was OK on the Kindle and Kindle Keyboard. Each day when I received new "periodicals", the old ones were moved to "Backed issues". This is not working on the KPW anymore. The files have the same name, but they still all appear on the home screen and the folder "Backed issues" is missing. I am not sure if it is caused by calibre or by kindle, but the files are flooding my home screen and deleting them every day is really annoying.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you

Edit: they behave as periodicals - when I mark them, I can keep the issue, delete the issue etc., but they do not move automaticaly to backed issues

Last edited by geronimo72; 12-04-2012 at 08:53 AM.
geronimo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Auto moving (archiving) is NOT a calibre function. Especially since you want it done on the READER.
I can Move this thread To the Kindle forum upon request.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I believe the titles of the Periodicals must be the same. If they have the date in the title, for example, they're not perceived as being the same periodical.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
geronimo72

theducks: it is also in the kindle forum since last week and it was ignored ... I posted here because the periodicals are comming from calibre and hoped, that somebody here has the same problem

GRiker: they have the same name and KPW sees them as periodicals. Kindle and Kindle Keyboard move them automaticaly to backed issues, only KPW doesn't do it... and I don't want to subscribe to an official newspaper or magazine just to find out if it is a KPW issue (at least not now )
Old 12-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
geronimo72

Update: I have tried an official Amazon newspaper subscription (The Guardian, The Observer). This one is working and it creates the folder backed issues. This also means, that the problems is in the inofficial newspapers. Any idea what to do?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geronimo72: Most likely, the delivery via Amazon's email thingy is switching the cdeType from MAGZ/NWPR to a PDOC, which 'breaks' the periodicals archiving. Do you see the 'Personal Doc' banner on the thumbnail of those items in coverview mode?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #7
geronimo72

NiLuJe: no, each of them has a date on the thumbnail. The name of the file is each day the same, only the date on the thumbnail changes. However the thumbnail is smaller than the one from the official newspaper...
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geronimo72: Oops, got confused, indeed, I don't think seeing a pdoc banner on a periodical is actually possible (but I'll check anyway ). Although the 'smaller thumbnail' thing may hint at the same (kind of) underlying issue...

TL;DR: Not sure it's actually doable when relying on Amazon's email delivery. Feel free to prove me wrong though, I personally don't use it .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote