Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #511
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
A trick....

1st two or three weeks is just water, so the weight loss is bigger and more noticeable. After week #4, walks or aerobics, may help a bit. I'm stuck on 175.2 pounds, after being 185. Can't go below, but it's because exercise. I took the dust out of the old treadmill and doing 30 min cardio, at least, 3 times per week.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #512
ragwitch
Enthusiast
ragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
i only lost 4lbs in 3 weeks.. it's really hard to maintain it
ragwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #513
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragwitch View Post
i only lost 4lbs in 3 weeks.. it's really hard to maintain it
Find something that keeps you motivated, but something with a high value!

On my case, my goal was being able to wear size 36, comfortable. And I imaging myself not fitting on a 36 at all! ...

Studies show that people gain weight again (healthy ones, I mean) because they do not eat healthy and there is no goal on their diets, zero motivation.

I stop eating rice, bread and empty calories, and that helped me a lot! Now that I'm on a better shape, I do that one time in a week (if I want to) but in a moderate weight. And I have not gained weight again.

Motivation, motivation, motivation! ... that's the key ... and eating healthy, small portions, but 3 or 4 times per day.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #514
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
With me it is the alcohol. If I drink I eat more. Last night I had chips for dessert. I am sure I wouldn't have needed them if I didn't HAVE to have wine with dinner.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #515
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have stayed pretty much level the past year, rather than losing the last 3kg of so that I say I'd like to lose.
Having just weighed myself for the first time in a couple of months, I can follow up by saying that I stayed pretty much level until the last couple of months! Up 2.5kg. Whoops. I think I've been having too many biscuits and snacks. Time to pay more attention to what I'm eating, and to not snack while reading.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:47 AM   #516
marino.DV
Groupie
marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
well for me it is a little complicated i mean i have the same weight regardless of how many exercises i do...so what's the point ?
marino.DV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #517
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I am not on a lose weight diet; I am on a permanent no-gluten no-milk products (bar yoghurt) diet for strictly medical reasons.
Weight loss was a bonus but it was only on me due to the medical condition.
I'm now normal on the BMI scale but still losing weight..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #518
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino.DV View Post
well for me it is a little complicated i mean i have the same weight regardless of how many exercises i do...so what's the point ?
It sounds like your body knows what weight it wants to be and will adjust your appetite accordingly. More exercise and it will 'force' you to eat more to make it up.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #519
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Monday report!

Only half a kilo this week, and that was probably because I was leaning forward and back on the scale the get the best reading. That means that next week it will be even more difficult. Not to mention the lunches that will be happening in the next couple of weeks.

I am not going to be too hard on myself until the feasting season is over. But I will remember not to go too crazy.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #520
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I lost weight recently. Not that I was dieting, stress. I can lose 1 kg within hours if under extreme stress. All is well for the moment but I will try to keep my weight as is. I recently stopped with looting the fridge at midnight and instead have rice wafers or apple.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #521
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

ooh stress loss. I have had that. Lots of weight dropped in a short time. You don't even know it has come off until it has. It is a bit like being ill loss.

Happily I am just fat and healthy.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #522
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Indeed, not funny at all. Insomnia included in the package. Anyhow today IS better so not that I complain if I was given the choice I'd rather keep those extra kgs and not lose them THIS way
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #523
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Monday update. no weight lost. I know this is because I have not been as strict with myself. After xmas i will try harder. Now there are reduced gym classes (that I go to) until after new year. More trouble.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #524
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Dear Diary,

I did not check in on Monday because I have started to gain weight again. but I am checking in now because today, the doctor said i was high risk for heart disease.... a little overweight! etc etc bla bla blaH

naughty xmas and pavlova with cream and the fruit cake and custard I had with lunch today. and the chips and dip i had to eat because we didnt eat it at xmas lunch.

Let us see what next monday brings.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #525
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Having just weighed myself for the first time in a couple of months, I can follow up by saying that I stayed pretty much level until the last couple of months! Up 2.5kg. Whoops. I think I've been having too many biscuits and snacks. Time to pay more attention to what I'm eating, and to not snack while reading.
Well, that really worked. Not.

Of course, eating far too much over Christmas and New Year didn't help, either. But the net result is that instead of being 2 to 3 kg above my target weight as I was four months ago, I'm now more like 6 to 7kg above it.

So: I shall apply myself again. I shall eat a bit less, and not snack while reading. And to encourage myself, I promise to report back here once a week or so on my progress!

My target is to be at my target weight by the beginning of May. That's an average loss of 0.5kg per week or so. That should be possible.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote