Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #61
Abiyasha
Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abiyasha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hellow all,

I will say, Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I just found that book is just so hard to put down. Finished the book few days ago. But, my record should be The Absolutist by John Boyne. Finished the book in just 1,5 days!
Abiyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #62
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. What a great book! I just wish the next book was out.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #63
twicefivemiles
twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 10, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 8, iPhone 5, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kate View Post
Ready Player One

This book was selected by our university as THE book of the year to be read by all incoming freshmen. Excellent, memorable - reminds me of Ender's Game.
This would be my pick, as well. It may not have come out this year but it set a pretty high bar for 2013 for my personal reads. It was my first 5-star of the year and the most enjoyable by far.
twicefivemiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #64
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear. I am dreading finishing it - second in an as yet uncompleted trilogy. I'm half way through and deliberately reading slowly to make it last.
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #65
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear. I am dreading finishing it - second in an as yet uncompleted trilogy. I'm half way through and deliberately reading slowly to make it last.
Do you think it's better than the first book?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #66
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Do you think it's better than the first book?
I liked both but thought the first was the better of the two.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #67
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I liked both but thought the first was the better of the two.
Can't wait to start the series! I have The Name of the Wind right at the top of my TBR list
Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #68
TaraMcTiernan
Enthusiast
TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
Stilll Alice

Just had one of those late nights with a book that I couldn't stop reading until I finished it: Still Alice by Lisa Genova. The book (about a brilliant Harvard professor with early-onset Alzheimer's) is not the typical can't-stop-reading thriller or mystery with a ton of twists in the plot - instead it's such a tragedy and you get so involved with the characters that you feel like the story is happening to you. Highly recommend...
TaraMcTiernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #69
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I was up listening to the audiobook of Linwood Barclay's Never Look Away till 5 a.m. It's a terrific thriller, full of mind-blowing twists. Every time I smugly thought I knew what was coming, there was a new surprise waiting. What a wild ride!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #70
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My last unputdownable books were The Fault in our Stars by John Green and the book I just finished today: Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #71
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
My last unputdownable books were The Fault in our Stars by John Green and the book I just finished today: Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
"Delirium" is on my TBR. I'm looking forward to reading it
By the way, I don't know if you've seen the question some weeks ago, but do you think "Lola and the boy next door" is as sweet as "Anna and the french kiss"? Thanks
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #72
Gazella
Wizard

For me it's Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #73
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
For me it's Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
Working my way through right now. A fun book.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote