Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget_girl View Post
I made a padded cover for my new Espresso Aura. . . . If the attachments worked, there should be pictures below.
Nicely done!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget_girl View Post

Snip

If the attachments worked, there should be pictures below.

Snip

Wow, that looks GREAT!
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
johnsnow
Fanboy
johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo Glo, Mini, Aura
I have not seen the new sleepcover for the Aura hands on, but I probably will not buy one and save the 50 dollars plus tax. I think with the extra width of the unit and the shaped back I just prefer to hold it without a cover. I found that the neoprene case that came with my Blackberry Playbook fits perfectly. I never used it for the Playbook so it is brand new. Sliding it in sideways does not pull on the power switch either, but the only drawback is the blackberry logo on the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackberry-playbook-neoprene-sleeve-case-cover-grey-d.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	105032  
johnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good find, John Snow (and please say hello to the other Crows, if you get the chance). I myself have not owned a Playbook, but perhaps another Aura owner has.

That Blackberry logo sounds like a painless compromise to me.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
johnsnow
Fanboy
johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!johnsnow , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo Glo, Mini, Aura
Thanks. I just picked this one up at Staples for 6.97 on clearout which I like better. I looked online and found some for 6.99 on Amazon. I think the original retail was something ridiculous like 49.95.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	acc-39318-304.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	105037  
johnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #21
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Great find, JS.

Remember a few years ago, when everyone needed a case for their PRS-950 and snapped up M-Edge Executive Jackets for the Kindle 2 while they were drastically marked down? That sale was so good that I also picked up a leather pocket case in navy, thinking I'd find a use for it eventually. Well, that case turns out to fit the Aura exceptionally well, and as we all know, navy compliments brown.

It's a bit like this Saddleback design, only with a leather belt piece that fastens the Aura in, quilt-textured leather (which I quite like), and a far, far lower price tag.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-02-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I found an Amazon sleeve for the Kindle Fire on clearance at Target for $7.xx (Amazon has them marked down to $9.99 right now) and it fits my Aura very well (pretty much a perfect fit).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #23
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I found an Amazon sleeve for the Kindle Fire on clearance at Target for $7.xx (Amazon has them marked down to $9.99 right now) and it fits my Aura very well (pretty much a perfect fit).
Thanks for that. I fancy the charcoal with brown stripe.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #24
domani7
Enthusiast
domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just ordered this one! Although I never used any kind of cover or sleeve for a reader before, so I hope it's not too cumbersome to use. Hey, I'll probably get it before I get the Aura, which I ordered just over a week ago!
domani7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
This is the Timbuk2 7in tablet sleeve I've got.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367545138642.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	105283  
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
are these too cumbersome? I mention it as Navitech is going to run a 72 hours 50% sales from May 6th - generally their products are cheaper on amazon, but with this discounts their webpages has good prices. I suspect this is UK only.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #27
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Repurposing household items...

I'm still testing out various short-term sleeves, the kind that weren't necessarily designed as such, but may work until the perfect thing comes along (that's not too expensive). Some of these solutions can serve as hiding places, so that, for instance, someone who never does their own cooking in your household will never set their prying eyes upon your latest reading material
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ready2ReadAHotRomance.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	689.8 KB
ID:	105451   Click image for larger version

Name:	LikeHandInGlove.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	684.9 KB
ID:	105452   Click image for larger version

Name:	TheUnsuspectingWouldNever.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	105453   Click image for larger version

Name:	FindTheKobo.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	105454  
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That must be really hot stuff you're reading
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #29
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Has anybody bought a Navitech cover from Amazon?
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #30
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That must be really hot stuff you're reading
Well, I'm just gettin' warmed up; but you never know when a hot passage will leap out at you unexpectedly!
(Actually, the truth is: Ever since I pre-ordered the Aura, I couldn't wait to get my hot mitts on it!!)

Last edited by Mikeyboards; 05-06-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote