Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
dunlow
dunlow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Image rendering

Hi,
I seem to be having problems with the rendering of images in Sigil. Currently the images are located on my hard drive and the source code refers to that location and the image displays in book view fine. However when I use pagina (a software tool that identifies errors in the epub file in preparation for publishing) it indicates an error of type: remote resource reference not allowed; resource must be placed in the OCF" So I copied the images into the sigil image folder and sought to replace the current reference with the once that is directly from the sigl image file but no luck. The previous image disappears and is replaced by a small square box with a question mark in it. I have tried multiple variations but not luck.. can any one help?
dunlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlow View Post
Hi,
I seem to be having problems with the rendering of images in Sigil. Currently the images are located on my hard drive and the source code refers to that location and the image displays in book view fine. However when I use pagina (a software tool that identifies errors in the epub file in preparation for publishing) it indicates an error of type: remote resource reference not allowed; resource must be placed in the OCF" So I copied the images into the sigil image folder and sought to replace the current reference with the once that is directly from the sigl image file but no luck. The previous image disappears and is replaced by a small square box with a question mark in it. I have tried multiple variations but not luck.. can any one help?
always
Code:
../Images/<your image name.ext>
Note the Capital I. case sensitive
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
always
Code:
../Images/<your image name.ext>
Note the Capital I. case sensitive
Yes, that is correct but remember that the OP wrote:

Quote:
...Currently the images are located on my hard drive and the source code refers to that location...
So, the OP also must put his images in the Sigil's image folder.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you will find that the images are being referred to as c:\Pictures\Image001.jpg etc
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Yes, that is correct but remember that the OP wrote:

So, the OP also must put his images in the Sigil's image folder.
Also remember the OP wrote in the same block
Code:
So I copied the images into the sigil image folder and sought to replace the current reference with the once that is directly from the sigl image file but no luck.
Which is why I assumed that PeterT's comment was no longer the main issue.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
GMcG
Writer
GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMcG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@dunlow:
You should copy all elements of your book (htm, css, jpg) into one folder on your C-drive, update the references and then, in Sigil:
Add files - Select all - Open.
Sigil will copy the file types into the right folders and update the links.

George
GMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image attachment, image folder, image mapping