Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #766
abetest
abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Go To %" Problem

I never notice that problem before but it seems you are correct. I tried to the same thing in the program and adding a decimal point after the percentage causes it not to work.
abetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #767
bigfry
bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
Unhappy Sync support

I'm going to take a moment to chime in on sync support.

Syncing across my tablet and phone is of undefinable value to me. I was doing so successfully using Dropsync from the Play store, and syncing all the .cr3 folders, but one of the updates in the last couple months has stopped that from working.

I've tried several other readers with little success. Moon+ is the closest to being tolerable to me, but it has such poor performance that I dread using it.

Any update as to when internal syncing will be viable in Cool Reader? Alternatively, any ideas as to how I can get my hackeneyed syncing with Dropsync to work again?

Thanks
bigfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #768
futre
futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.futre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mediacom 930
Hello,
have read many users can't see the description of the book but others can, I use Sigil (also have tried with calibre) to make ebooks and the metadata are compiled correctly,
decompiling the apk with apkmanager there's a file named res/layout/book_info_edit_dialog.xml I can see there's no field for description or something like, it's missing,
suppose this means that is not possible to see all the metadata, I'm not an android coder (just php) but think it could be useful (and maybe easy) to add others metadata in the next version.
kind regards, futre.
futre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #769
silasg
silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Voyage
Is there any news regarding reading progress sync (via dropbox for example)?

Thanks
silasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #770
Mikey1969
Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Metatag sorting in Cool Reader?

Hi all,
I recently rooted my Nook Simple Touch because the "Shelves" option was designed by a bunch of morons, and I'd like to customize how I sort my books. Some by author name, others by genre or my own tag. Obviously I can set all of this up in Calibre, I'm just curious if Cool Reader can handle those tags, or if there's another way to custom organize my books?

BTW, kudos to the dev(s) on this. So far, it's the best solution to replace my default reader. Some are too high functioning for the Simple Touch, and some are slow and laggy Cool Reader works wonderfully!
Mikey1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #771
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1969 View Post
Hi all,
I recently rooted my Nook Simple Touch because the "Shelves" option was designed by a bunch of morons, and I'd like to customize how I sort my books. Some by author name, others by genre or my own tag. Obviously I can set all of this up in Calibre, I'm just curious if Cool Reader can handle those tags, or if there's another way to custom organize my books?

BTW, kudos to the dev(s) on this. So far, it's the best solution to replace my default reader. Some are too high functioning for the Simple Touch, and some are slow and laggy Cool Reader works wonderfully!
FBReader has sort by title, author, series and tags. CoolReader doesn't do tags and the author sorts on first name and misses some names.

Here is the link: http://fbreader.org/FBReaderJ
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #772
internalaudit
internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question Keep epub annotations consistent between Cool Reader android and pc applications

Found out about Cool Reader today and the Android app is highly rated:

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b2xyZWFkZXIiXQ..

Cool Reader on SourceForge.net (for desktop/laptops):
http://crengine.sourceforge.net/

If I install the above applications on my pc and my smartphone, will I be to keep annotations (bookmarks, highlights, scribbles, etc.) intact? It doesn't make sense to switch back and forth if annotations will be lost along the way.

I'll be reading mainly on my pc but will at times want to read or refer to the file on the phone so these annotations will be very helpful. I only have a few epub files so far and I am not a speed reader.

What would the best way to sync the libraries between the two devices?

Thank you in advance.
internalaudit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #773
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Try SyncMe Wifi; I find it very practical to keep the library of ToRead books on my PC synced with my tablets:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/syncme-w...om.bv.wifisync

Good luck.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #774
internalaudit
internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.internalaudit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ Thanks Miki2.
internalaudit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #775
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Does anyone know how to allow Coolreader recognition of epub font embedding (as for example smallcaps fonts for starting new chapter paragraphs when defined in the epub css)

In Coolreader 3.12-33 under options -> CSS -> document embedded fonts checkbox - I have checked that option but the smallcaps are not recognized.

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-03-2013 at 09:25 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #776
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Does anyone know how to allow Coolreader recognition of epub font embedding (as for example smallcaps fonts for starting new chapter paragraphs when defined in the epub css)

In Coolreader 3.12-33 under options -> CSS -> document embedded fonts checkbox - I have checked that option but the smallcaps are not recognized.
It says, in the first message of this thread, that embedded fonts are not supported. Not many ereaders do support it.

If I want smallcaps I generally change the font size of the text in question. (I create and edit epubs using Sigil)

Last edited by Jabby; 03-04-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Incomplete
Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #777
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
yeah I agree, Cool Reader is high rated now. Thanks for this post. Going to try it now
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #778
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
yeah I agree, Cool Reader is high rated now. Thanks for this post. Going to try it now
Jabby: Thanks for the reply; I had read the first post about embedded fonts but had hoped that the most recent versions had corrected that problem. However I disagree with your comment about smallcaps capabilities of ereaders. Mantano on my rooted Nook android supports it very well as does the native Nook ST adobe reader app, as does Mantano on my HTC jetsream tablet and the native reader on my prs-950. I suspect that all adroid readers that supports Mantano will handle epub smallcaps.

I agree that CR is a pretty nifty app; For epub I prefer Mantano Reader but there doesn't seem to be many apps for mobi/prc. I tried the Kindle app but the lack of folders/collections organization was a killer. CR is the best mobi reader I've found although I can't get the internal TOC working for mobi/prc - the kindle app works well with mobi TOCs. While I often use smallcaps in my own epubs, it isn't really a problem for me regarding mobi/prc. For CR I especially like the option of changing the default font by downloading my own choice. It's a shame, though, about the epub smallcaps and mobi TOC problems.

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #779
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Jabby: Thanks for the reply; I had read the first post about embedded fonts but had hoped that the most recent versions had corrected that problem. However I disagree with your comment about smallcaps capabilities of ereaders. Mantano on my rooted Nook android supports it very well as does the native Nook ST adobe reader app, as does Mantano on my HTC jetsream tablet and the native reader on my prs-950. I suspect that all adroid readers that supports Mantano will handle epub smallcaps.
I'll try to be clearer:
Embedded fonts aren't generally supported by epub readers.

New subject:
I use {font-size:0.875;} instead of {font-variant:small-caps;} so that the result will be uniform across platforms, not because it is not supported. Here is a link that may interest you.
http://joeclark.org/standards/small-caps.html

Quote:
I agree that CR is a pretty nifty app; For epub I prefer Mantano Reader but there doesn't seem to be many apps for mobi/prc. I tried the Kindle app but the lack of folders/collections organization was a killer. CR is the best mobi reader I've found although I can't get the internal TOC working for mobi/prc - the kindle app works well with mobi TOCs. While I often use smallcaps in my own epubs, it isn't really a problem for me regarding mobi/prc. For CR I especially like the option of changing the default font by downloading my own choice. It's a shame, though, about the epub smallcaps and mobi TOC problems.
You can also add your own fonts to the Mantano font folder.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #780
bobcdy
Fanatic

Jabby,
Thanks for the joeclark ref. I looked it over; yes, one can use reduced size to emulate smallcaps although it gets a bit clunky when there are difference 'cases' involved because the upper case A must be larger than the lower case A. When one reduces size one also reduces glyph thickness so that of the reduced-size looks lighter than that the full-size upper case A. With different 'cases' together the different glyph thicknesses often look a bit bizarre. In joeclarks examples he was careful to use bold face for both emulated and true smallcaps, and not to show combinations of mixed large and small case gyphs.

As for using my own fonts in CR and Mantano, I have a number of mobi ebooks where the creators have used bold text for ALL the text - when I use my own font that has very light-weight glyphs, this overcomes the v. dark bold text and makes reading the book more enjoyable in CR. I haven't had that problem with epubs although if someone made a bold text epub I would use the same very light-weight font in Mantano.

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-11-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader