Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 06:33 AM   #16
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
As a Palm user I like Plucker the best for its great skill with fonts and its very intuitive category system. Followed closely by iSilo for its speed.

(no invite for me)
Old 09-08-2004, 08:12 AM   #17
lzlasco
lzlasco began at the beginning.

Device: tungsten t3
hello. i use palmreader because i am more at ease with the interface. since not all docs i want to read are available in palmreader format, i also use isilo which is fast and has many docs written for it.

btw, i'm interested in getting an email invite.
Advert
Old 09-08-2004, 10:19 AM   #18
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
I also don't need one since I already won one earlier but it seem the supply has now overtaken demand... Gmail must be close to shedding it 'beta' and its 'by invitation only' status...
Old 09-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
lzlasco, jryanlee80, blueberrycheese: please PM me your email where to send the invite to.

Still 13 Gmail invites are waiting for you! Use this thread if you are interested
Old 09-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Btw, one thing I like about eReader is its seamless integration of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th Ed). Since English is not my first language, it is often quite helpful to lookup the definition of a word when reading a book.

Another reader that offers the real Merriam-Webster is MobiPocket.
Advert
Old 09-08-2004, 06:15 PM   #21
johng
johng began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T3
I like iSilo the best. It reads all my doc files, plus web-pages. With the latest improvements, the program is getting better every day. It even has the desktop program for the PC and Mac.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:26 PM   #22
Unregistered
Nameless Being

mobipocket for moi

I use mobipocket. It's quite easy to use.

Hope the invitation to gmail is still open. Thank you.

Heidi
heidi@ispbonanza.com.ph

Old 09-08-2004, 10:23 PM   #23
lzlasco
lzlasco began at the beginning.

Device: tungsten t3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
lzlasco, jryanlee80, blueberrycheese: please PM me your email where to send the invite to.
just did. thanks again!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:16 AM   #24
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur
Traecer Prime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Multiple Reader User

I'm also a heavy user of iSilo/iSiloX (great for offline HTML reading!) and eReader (love the highlighting and note features).

I love WordSmith (by Blue Nomad) for reading and editing Word documents. WordSmith is a joy to use for large documents, and I love its FineType font technology. I just wish Blue Nomad would update it to support images and tables.

I've recently tried RepliGo (http://www.cerience.com/), and I'd have to say it is excellent, as well. It is mainly billed as a PDF reader, but its converter is set up as a printer in Windows, so you can convert any document you can print. It supports bookmarks, notes, and highlighting, plus it has a variety of display features, including excellent zooming capability, landscape support, virtual input area support on Palms, and a text-only mode. Plus, there are viewers available for Palm OS, Symbian, PocketPC, and Windows. RepliGo's only problems are that it only supports its own document format, and the converter isn't cheap; though the viewers are free, the converter is $29.95. If I had a lot of PDFs to view on my Palm, however, I'd probably go ahead and swallow that hefty price, for RepliGo is vastly superior to Adobe's own Reader for Palm OS.

I hate the Adobe Reader for Palm OS. It's a bloated, ancient mess that needs to be thrown away. This thing was a terrible pain when it was introduced; it was huge for a Palm app, and the old m68k-based Palms of the day couldn't run it well. It has never gotten any better, really. It still has no bookmarking, highlighting, or note capabilities. It has no real font capabilities, and its handling of images is kludgy ("tap and hold to see the full-size image"). And this is all when I can get it to work; the program remains largely incompatible with palmOne's Tungsten T3. On the T3, the app most often skips over sections of text on a page, there are screen refresh issues, and frequent crashes. Plus, the desktop converter is a miserable experience. It requires Adobe Reader 6.0 on the desktop now (which is its own bit of bloated mess), always complains about the PDFs in question not being "tagged PDFs" (I have yet to see one of those), and inexplicably makes the resulting PDB file bigger than the original, though large portions of the formatting information was supposedly removed. IMNSHO, the Adobe Reader for Palm OS is virtually useless. I hope the Adobe's Readers for PocketPC and Symbian are better.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:37 AM   #25
hannah71188
hannah71188 began at the beginning.

Device: zire71
i use the plain vanilla palmreader. i guess i'm not the sophisticated type of a palm person. for my simple ebook reading needs, palmreader proves adequate so far. and by the way, i'm interested in getting a gmail invite! -- in case i qualify, my email address is hannah71188@hotmail.com thanks in advance!!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:43 AM   #26
elise10189
elise10189 began at the beginning.

Device: zire71
i have tried a few readers like palmreader, isilo, and plucker. those are the ones i can recall. plucker has many features which i don't use, thus for me it is either isilo or palmreader. i'd like to get a gmail invite too! merci.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:58 PM   #27
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I like iSilo + eReader best. One for reading offline html pages, the other for reading full e-books.

No invite for me; already found one here before.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #28
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
I like iSilo + eReader best. One for reading offline html pages, the other for reading full e-books.
I use iSilo for everything.
Doctorow, why do you prefer eReader for full e-books?
Is it because of the e-books you can buy? Or the interface itself has an advantage?

Although I might be switching soon, though. This Sunshine stuff seems very attractive.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

OK some of you already PMed me, some didn't. Trying hard not to lose track! johng, Heidi, Traecer Prime, hannah71188, elise10189 please PM me your e-mail address where I can send the invite to.

That means we should have eight Gmail invites left, each waiting for a new Gmail account owner
Old 09-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #30
Sunish
Watching the river flow
Sunish began at the beginning.

Device: se p800, p900
I use mobipocket, it downloads all my news and with office companion , it can convert any MS Office document into a reader file and send it to my phone to read later.
Closed Thread