Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
ssn
ssn began at the beginning.

Device: Have a Sony 505 since January 2009
New here - have had a Sony 505 since 1/2008

Hello. Glad to find an eBook forum. I've had my Sony 505 since January 2008 and it's my favorite toy. Since I'm on a plane about every other week, I don't have to carry those thick books around. What a joy to just slip my eBook into my purse. I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped and asked what I was using. Nobody had seen or heard about them in 2008 so I explained how they work and almost always got back "I'm going to get one". I remember seeing Jeff Becos (spelling) on the Charlie Rose program holding up a Kindle saying "this the wave of the future". I took 2 weeks to decide which one I wanted - The Sony or The Kindle. I have never regretted getting the Sony. In fact, I would love to upgrade to the new touchscreen model because of length of charge and can't figure out a good enough reason to do so. But, I do see a new one in my future (someday). I know that I'm going to enjoy this website.
ssn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, ssn

I also have the 505 and love everything about it. I was lucky. I received it as a gift from my son and it met all my needs.

Enjoy the forums, ask questions if you need information, and don't forget to check out all the free ebooks on MR. They have been beautifully formatted by some very dedicated MR members.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ssn and welcome to MobileRead. like you, I got a 505 in early 08 and really like it and never regretted not waiting for a Kindle. In fact, I got my hands on a Daily Edition this afternoon at the Sony Store and, although I like it, I'm still perfectly pleased with my 505.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to MR you old-timer you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR from another happy 505 owner
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Couldn't be happier with my 505 either, Ssn. Good to have your company here. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote