Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 06-20-2016, 03:25 PM   #16
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
A really nice update. Some of the updates that I really like
- custom color schemes.
- much improved syncing
- page turning much smoother
- improved library management
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:43 PM   #17
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@Mr Goodbar, pwalker8 Thanks a lot!

@Cloudmaker Yes, that's probably it. I'll add a new 'apply to all open books' function in the next update to deal with this.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've just given it a look and:
  • I feel the library cluttered and smaller than the previous one
  • It looks like Marvin doesn't honor the settings. All my books have text-align:justify in the css, but the text is right ragged.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #19
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@Mr Goodbar, pwalker8 Thanks a lot!

@Cloudmaker Yes, that's probably it. I'll add a new 'apply to all open books' function in the next update to deal with this.
Kris,

Enjoying 3.0, but curious how you would like to see feedback and feature/improvement suggestions handled. Post in this forum or somewhere else?
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #20
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've just given it a look and:
  • I feel the library cluttered and smaller than the previous one
  • It looks like Marvin doesn't honor the settings. All my books have text-align:justify in the css, but the text is right ragged.
Ter, perhaps if you enable "Publisher Layout" in Text options...

BTW, I understand is a great update from Marvin 2, but some new options are not so interesting as expected by me, that can be the "hype effect".
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #21
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@Terisa de morgan Marvin should honour right alignment. Please contact me on hello (at) appstafarian.com so we figure this out. There are several library viewing modes to suit most tastes (Home > Main Menu on top).

@Mr Goodbar. Anywhere is fine or by email (above).

@rfog Such as? I'd love to hear your feedback to improve Marvin.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #22
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rfog, is there a "Publisher layout" option? I don't find it. I only see "Justify" and "Hyphenate"
Old 06-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #23
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Kris, I'll try to contact you tomorrow, and yes, a lot of library options but I haven't find any similar to Marvin 2.0.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:11 PM   #24
icemudder
icemudder began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Hi there. Big fan here of the Marvin app. Going to hopefully update to 3.0 My question is how do I move a large library from 2 to 3.0? Do I have to move each book individually or is there a way to move the whole library over at one time or does Marvin 3.0 automatically take over 2.0. thanks in advance
icemudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:17 PM   #25
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@Terisa de morgan Marvin should honour right alignment. Please contact me on hello (at) appstafarian.com so we figure this out. There are several library viewing modes to suit most tastes (Home > Main Menu on top).

@Mr Goodbar. Anywhere is fine or by email (above).

@rfog Such as? I'd love to hear your feedback to improve Marvin.
@Kris, for example be able to have the journal/annotations synced across devices. I mean, you are reading in your iPhone at bus/subway, go home and continue reading in your iPad. Once you have finished a book, be able to export the journal/annotations of that book in one export file.

ideal thing could be to have the entire journal in iCloud, and each annotation you do in any device are stored in iCloud. This way you only have one journal/annotation for all of your devices.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #26
rfog
Guru

After selecting the "A" letter in the ebook options.

Last edited by rfog; 06-20-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #27
rfog
Guru

Quote:
@rfog, is there a "Publisher layout" option? I don't find it. I only see "Justify" and "Hyphenate"
After selecting the "A" letter in the ebook options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0803.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	714.1 KB
ID:	149547  
Old 06-20-2016, 05:42 PM   #28
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Publisher layout appears above Justify text, at least for me it does. This is in the text options within a book.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:10 PM   #29
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Marvin 3 or SxS--which one should I buy?

I'll be reading on an iPad Mini and iPad Pro 9.7. Which Marvin should I buy?

I'm assuming that even though I won't use most of the SxS features on the Mini or my iPhone 6 Plus, it won't hurt to have them, so I can use them on the Pro???
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:50 PM   #30
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemudder View Post
Hi there. Big fan here of the Marvin app. Going to hopefully update to 3.0 My question is how do I move a large library from 2 to 3.0? Do I have to move each book individually or is there a way to move the whole library over at one time or does Marvin 3.0 automatically take over 2.0. thanks in advance
I did this earlier today (~1000 book library). You just backup in Marvin 2 and then there is a restore option in Marvin 3 for those coming from Marvin 2. Worked well. The only caveat is that it overwrites anything in Marvin 3 just as you would expect a restore to do.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote