Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #316
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehaley View Post
Hi just a quick note as feedback on current version
Loaded about 300 books at once into author based collections. Once I reset the kindle these were all fine with the exception of 4 files that were'nt in the allocated collection. Couldnt see any obvious reason as to why or any commonality.
reran collection manager which clearly showed they were allocated to a collection so ended up just allocating them manually.
I have had this happen with Kindle Collection Manager and Kindelabra - there are always a number of stragglers that aren't in collections on the device, but are in collections according to the program.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #317
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Only way I have found to fix this is delete those stragglers and then transfer them back on. Use KCM again and they should be fixed. There have been some suggestions that these may be DRM'ed but it worked for me and none of mine are DRM'ed.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #318
Shinywen
Shinywen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Just found this post and skimmed through, looks like an exciting development. I'm hoping someonewhere in the pages of comments I skipped someone came up with a version for Mac.... *fingers crossed*...
Shinywen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #319
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewjono View Post
Only way I have found to fix this is delete those stragglers and then transfer them back on. Use KCM again and they should be fixed. There have been some suggestions that these may be DRM'ed but it worked for me and none of mine are DRM'ed.
Have you found an easy way to identify these files? I have over 200 of them.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #320
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Have you found an easy way to identify these files? I have over 200 of them.
No sorry. I moved around 700 books in one go set across about 50 collections and I only ever had 1 or 2 that didn't go into the collection.

If you have 200 then there is a problem. Are you sure that you dragged them across properly?

If you made your collections based only on the author, then delete the collection from the right column and drag the author back over to start from fresh.

If you have made more complex collections then it is going to be very slow and painful.

Brewjono.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #321
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Unfortunately I made them according to their genre, and they are all in their folder based on their genre, which I created by dragging the folders over and of course this would make it very labor intensive to put in all the stragglers. These collections are proving to be more trouble than they are worth.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #322
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Hmm - problems since Calibre 7.44

Hi All
Know this program is not maintained any more.
But for the first time ever, since upgrading to Calibre 0.7.44 newly converted books, don't go into the collections as defined in KCM.
Bummer.
Will have to change to something else.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #323
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
I think that is a bug in Calibre v0.7.44. I saw another bug in v.44 where you cannot properly send via email the file (the 2nd one and later after the first one). I reported the bug to Kovidgoyal and he fixed it. It will be out in next version.

I think you should report this bug to him. He's very supportive.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #324
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
I wrote him and he is working on a update, for multiple books at once, and alpha, he said. Don't give up hope. I love this program.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #325
brewjono
Zealot

That's very good news. I still prefer this program over any others for managing collections.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #326
ne14st
ne14st began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I have used this program since I bought my Kindle.
It works great for me and I am delighted to hear its
still in development and not dead.
If the proposed version 0.5 happens terrific.
ne14st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #327
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
This is the reply I received from Adrian regarding Kindle Collection Manager. I am sure he won't mind me posting it here. I told him he needs to charge for this program, since it is the best one out there.

Thanks for your email and suggestions. They're very much appreciated.

I've been working feverishly on the next version which is nearing release. I've already added multi-select drag and drop and also proper sorting in both trees.

Regarding the detection of another Kindle: you should be able to just plug and unplug any number of devices. Nothing about the Kindle is stored by the app, it's all stored locally on the device.

I've changed much of the code in the next version, so hopefully this problem will have just "gone away".

I'll mail you when the next version is ready for download.

Thanks again and best regards.

Adrian Colegate
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #328
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I love this program, however I'm having some real problems with it at the moment.

With recent uses, it seems to always miss a few books out of the collections where I've put them. I'll have books where I want them in the manager, but after I commit the changes and reset the kindle, there are some that are outside the net.

The problem seems to be getting worse (maybe with each Kindle firmware update?) This evening I added about 40 books to my Kindle (converted in calibre) and spent a while in Kindle collection manager making sure they were all in the right collections. Pressed the commit changes button, ejected and reset. Half the books weren't in the collections they should have been in, they sat forlorn without a collection family to belong to. I'm sure I didn't miss them out, because I spent ages making sure I had dragged them to the right folders in the collection manager.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

The is a brilliant and needed program. This and Calibre are what any Kindle owner needs. However, I can't help but wonder if it is sorely in need of an update to iron out a few bugs and make sure it plays nice with the latest Kindle firmware.

Please Adrian, if you are reading, help us poor Kindle owners get a grip on our collections once again?
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:15 AM   #329
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Angry New Mobis remain as stragglers even AFTER properly KCMed into Collections.

Hello and glad I checked in here and that it's not just me!

I have NOT downloaded the Kindle OS update and don't want it.

I am using the same version of Kindle Manager I always have, and I am having this same 'individual documents showing out of collections' problem.

I added several dozen books - converted from pdf to mobi via mobipocket reader. While they DO appear in the collections to which I added them, the same books ALSO appear as stragglers i.e. individual books on Home page. Which means instead of 6 pages of collections I have 21 pages.

A rather serious problem if I must spend hours deleting individual files one by one.

Initially I did use Calibre to convert but honestly it eats up so much of my computer's computing power it makes it impossible to use other than overnight. Mobiread to convert pdfs to mobi is insanely quick and easy.

I have restarted my kindle both ways several times. On my PC in KCM the collections show and they show perfectly without stragglers at all.

And YES the Kindle is set to show Collections, not author or title (otherwise instead of 21 pages at Home it's 76!)

HELP!!

Thanks Alley

Last edited by allisondbl; 02-26-2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: unclear title
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #330
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Thumbs up SOLVED PROBLEM

It appears the problem lay not with KCM but with myself.

My ONLY problem with KCM is the known one that one can only put one book at a time into a collection. Having converted a couple hundred books from pdf to mobi I thought I'd save myself time. So rather than putting them into their Collection in the Kindle's drive on my PC, then moving them one by one into that Collection on the right side of KCM, I created a new folder within the Kindle drive on my pc which showed up as a new folder on the LEFT side of KCM as it should. I organized those books into subfolders within that folder to make remembering which went where in copying to right side folder easy-peasy.

Worked and brilliant so I didn't have to check folder by folder on the left side and hope I knew which books had to be copied to right. Problem was I FORGOT TO DELETE THIS NEW "FOLDER" ON THE LEFT SIDE FROM THE KINDLE once I'd copied its contents to proper folders on right. Thus while books were in Collections after restart, as the "folder" I'd stored them in on the left side was not a "real" Collections folder on the right side in KCM, ITS contents were read by Kindle as just individual books. Deleted faux folder and voila from 21 pages down to the 5 it should be quick as quick.

So, silly me and good for the programmer - Adrian Colegate - who made a brilliant program for which I (and my happy Kindle) give much thanks and kudos. Oh and I don't know him and have no connection with him other than appreciation.
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection manager, collections, kindle, kindle 2, kindle 3, kindle dx, manager