Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
silviolorusso
Enthusiast
silviolorusso began at the beginning.

Device: none
What is the best grayscale reader for EPUB testing?

Hello,

I need to test EPUBs for as many devices as possible, but of course I can't afford all of them. Currently I have a Kindle Paperwhite, which is clearly not an option for ePUB testing. So what greyscale e-reader you would suggest?

Thanks.
silviolorusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest getting a Sony PRS-T2 and a nook str or nook glo. That will do you well for most ePub capable Readers
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviolorusso View Post
Hello,

I need to test EPUBs for as many devices as possible, but of course I can't afford all of them. Currently I have a Kindle Paperwhite, which is clearly not an option for ePUB testing. So what greyscale e-reader you would suggest?

Thanks.
If you install KOReader you can read epub on Paperwhite.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2466450
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
silviolorusso
Enthusiast

Thanks markom,

didn't know about it!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviolorusso View Post
Thanks markom,

didn't know about it!
There are also Duokan (alternative OS) and HackedUpReader (CoolReader 3 port for the Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=30
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=13

https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpReader

Last edited by markom; 04-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Using a hacked Kindle to view how your ePub will look is a very bad idea. Most Readers use ADE and you want readers that do in order to properly test your ePub. Go with my suggestion before and ignore any suggestion to hack your PW.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
silviolorusso
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Using a hacked Kindle to view how your ePub will look is a very bad idea. Most Readers use ADE and you want readers that do in order to properly test your ePub. Go with my suggestion before and ignore any suggestion to hack your PW.
I agree with you JSWOLf, hacked Kindle for testing doesn't sound right, but still glad to know this tool for personal use

Tags
device, e-reader, epub, testing