Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
caje
caje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
No Pocket option on eReader

I have recently seen that you can have Pocket integrated with your Kobo Glo. Altough I had version 3.11.0 installed there is still no Pocket option on my Glo. What can I do to install it? I have tried factor reset several times to version 2.5.0 and then upgrading again, but it never installed Pocket. Do you know any solution?
caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have a Glo on 3.11 and you sign into Pocket in settings under Accounts. One you've signed into your pocket account, or created one then your articles will sync to the kobo.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by caje View Post
I have recently seen that you can have Pocket integrated with your Kobo Glo. Altough I had version 3.11.0 installed there is still no Pocket option on my Glo. What can I do to install it? I have tried factor reset several times to version 2.5.0 and then upgrading again, but it never installed Pocket. Do you know any solution?
Under settings > account you'll find account options for Kobo, Adobe and Pocket.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
caje

The problem is there is no such an option in Accounts, and when I tap Library on homepage there is no "Articles from Pocket".
Old 10-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The problem is there is no such an option in Accounts, and when I tap Library on homepage there is no "Articles from Pocket".
Are you sure your running the latest firmware. I only bought my Glo today and my initial set up went from 2.3 to 3.8 and I manually added 3.11.
Advert
Old 10-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe that Pocket was not available on Japanese versions. There might also be some affiliate linkage as well.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
caje

This may be something connected with Japanese version, as on browser homepage there was some japanese site in older version as far as I remember. So can anything be done to manually install Pocket?
Old 10-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This may be something connected with Japanese version, as on browser homepage there was some japanese site in older version as far as I remember. So can anything be done to manually install Pocket?
You'd need to ask on the developer forum if you can do anything to update to the European software. Assuming your 3.11 is the Japenese software.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #9
caje

I have 3.11 version from this forum, the problem is i didn't have pocket in any version, even after I did factory reset and then installed every single update from this site to the newest ones.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have 3.11 version from this forum, the problem is i didn't have pocket in any version, even after I did factory reset and then installed every single update from this site to the newest ones.
I can't help, sorry, my only thought would be to ask in the developer forum if there's a way to completely replace your Glo's software.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #11
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
You can try changing in the file .kobo\affiliate.conf.

Code:
affiliate=rakuten
to
Code:
affiliate=Kobo
Take care to use a unix style editor when doing this.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #12
caje

Thanks a lot tshering it worked!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #13
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I'm glad it's all sorted ow. pocket is wonderful

Tags
glo, kobo, pocket