Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
serige
serige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350
ePub creation problem: some texts running off the edge

Hi, my device is a Sony PRS-350, I have a couple of files in CHM format and I wish to convert into ePub. I used calibre to do the conversion and I am happy with the font when ePub is loaded into the device. But there is a problem kept making me sick: some code snippets in the book were too long and the literally running out of the right margin, the device can't display them.

Here is an example (viewed in Reader Library, but also the same in the device):

When I did the conversion in calibre, I set the output profile to Sony Reader PRS300. I am new to ePub and I am wondering if there is a fix to the problem. Thanks for the help.
serige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
serige
serige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enoughserige will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350
BTW I can see the characters being cut by the 350 in the calibre viewer, because I can resize the window wide enough to display them, but you can't do that in the device itself. I think calibre didn't cut off these characters, but what I need to do is to wrap them around to a newline, just like other long lines in the document.
serige is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by serige View Post
BTW I can see the characters being cut by the 350 in the calibre viewer, because I can resize the window wide enough to display them, but you can't do that in the device itself. I think calibre didn't cut off these characters, but what I need to do is to wrap them around to a newline, just like other long lines in the document.
Pre formatted text does not wrap.
That is why the
Code:
<pre>
(which is probably wrapped around what you see.
tag Says Keep your reflow'n mitts off.
You might wrap that in a Div tag with a smaller font
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote