Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Dia435
Dia435 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Nook iPad
EPUB creation problem with ipad

Hi all -

I am having a problem with my epub - which is validated with the IDPF tool, and the epub preflight tool. The epub looks beautiful on calibre, and also looks beautiful on ipad - but there are two blank pages after the cover page when you view the epub on the ipad. I have been reviewing my html, css and cannot see a reason why there are those two blank pages.

Any ideas from any members?

thx lots - Dia
Dia435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Do you have height 100% for your image?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Dia435

No. Is that why?

thx
Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot say iPad as a catch all term. You have to say what app on the iPad you are using. You could be using a number of different apps. Bluefire is the best app for ePub on an iPad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
Dia435

Yes, I do have Bluefire.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Dia435

EPUB Creation problem with ipad

In addition to that - I also have something going on when I look at the validated epub in ADE. ADE, and the Nook will not recognize my bullets. They are standard <ul> bulleted list. And there is adequate bottom padding for paragraph spacing - but in ADE the paragraph padding and the bullets disappear.

This is in addition to the two blank pages coming up in ipad.

I am relatively new to this - although I have been learning things at a rapid pace - what you can and cannot do in your html / css.

thanks again -

Dia
Old 10-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Simple lists work in ADE.

If you want to help us, we need the code too look at. We cannot see what you have otherwise.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia435 View Post
EPUB Creation problem with ipad
Did you not read what I wrote? Which app are you using?
Old 10-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Dia435

Yes Jon - above - I wrote in reply to you - I have Bluefire app installed in ipad.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Dia435

In what form should I provide the code - pasted in the message - or provide the epub?

thx Toxaris
Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
In what form should I provide the code - pasted in the message - or provide the epub?

thx Toxaris
Best is, you make a copy of your book, toss out anything what has nothing to do with your error and attach the remains to your post.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
Dia435

EPUB creation problem with ipad

OK - here is my file - without all the extra text that is not relevant to my issues.

thx
Attached Files
File Type: epub LETTINGGO.epub (59.4 KB, 226 views)
Old 10-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
OK - here is my file - without all the extra text that is not relevant to my issues.

thx
I guess your extra blank pages are between the cover picture and the dedication.

Try to replace in the first html:
img.sgc-7 { max-width: 100% }

with:
img.sgc-7 { height: 95% }

I did not find any bulleted list (there are numbered lists...)

Well if this will not work, maybe it's time to "throw out some garbage" - css (sorry, can't resist )
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
Dia435

mmat1 - thanks - I will replace that.

Sorry - I did mean numbered list <ol> not ul - but do you see anything that would cause my numbered list to not show up in Nook, and ADE?

thx again - Dia
Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes Jon - above - I wrote in reply to you - I have Bluefire app installed in ipad.
I have Bluefire installed as well as iBooks and unless I specify which app I am actually using and not just installed, it's still using iPad as a generic term.