Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
bubbaspyce
bubbaspyce began at the beginning.

Device: eti2 ebookwise 1150
Personal Content Margins

OK, so here's my second question. I had some personal content that I wanted to put on my reader. I downloaded a program to convert it to IMP format so the reader would accept it and then put it on a memory card. The problem is, it was cutting the text off on the right side so you couldn't read it properly. I messed with the margins and finally got it to the point where you could read the entire line, but then each page cut off about 10 lines at the bottom. I then tried to load it via the personal content server online, and this rendered it virtually unreadable, substituting questions marks for quotes and apostrophes. Any suggestions?
bubbaspyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, bubbaspyce.

I have no clue what your problem is, but someone here will and will gladly help.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
text file

The " and 's being converted to ? is caused by smart formatting, in programs such as word.

Have you tried opening the file in notepad and saving it as a plain text format?

Also you can download ebook publisher which could in theory fix the margin issue.

Beyond that I am not sure what else can be done, someone else might have other ideas.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaspyce View Post
OK, so here's my second question. I had some personal content that I wanted to put on my reader. I downloaded a program to convert it to IMP format so the reader would accept it and then put it on a memory card. The problem is, it was cutting the text off on the right side so you couldn't read it properly. I messed with the margins and finally got it to the point where you could read the entire line, but then each page cut off about 10 lines at the bottom.
Try double clicking your .imp and viewing the results on the computer's screen/viewer. At the top of the viewer, if it shows a "Target Color" box, then, it just may be that you created a REB1200 FullVGA Color .imp for the ETI-1 instead. Ensure your build target is HalfVGA 16 grayscale used by the EBW1150/GEB1150.

Quote:
I then tried to load it via the personal content server online, and this rendered it virtually unreadable, substituting questions marks for quotes and apostrophes. Any suggestions?
The source document has non-standard coding in place for those characters. It may be trying to display "curly" quotes and apostrohpes. A solution may be to open the source document in MS Word and resave as .rtf. Then try the .rtf file or if that fails, have MS Word save to filtered .html and run that file through a Tidy program and reload it into MS Word and save that as a .rtf or .doc.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Also, in addition to what nrapallo said above, I'd like to add that I detested the personal content loader at eBookwise. Instead, it is lots easier to download the library software and let it handle things. It will take your rtf document and convert it automatically, then you just pop it onto your reader with the rest of your library. The software is under the "help" link at eBookwise.

I always tried to save my personal documents as rtf. That format is magical for the EBW1150.

And coolest of all, I made a "book" of a couple of blank pages in Word, saved it as rtf, and loaded it onto my reader. If I needed to make some quick notes (or doodle to kill time during a meeting), it was nice to have some blank pages to write on with the stylus. It works great as a grocery list.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
bubbaspyce

Thanks to all for your advice. I will surely try these out once I can figure out how to delete content from my reader to make room for more. Any suggestions on that?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaspyce View Post
Thanks to all for your advice. I will surely try these out once I can figure out how to delete content from my reader to make room for more. Any suggestions on that?
To delete content/ebooks from the EBW1150 itself? - tap the circle beside the ebook title and then tap the delete button therein.

or from the Personal Content server? - don't think there is a way to delete the server's content. You may want to contact ETI or ebookwise about resetting/erasing your storage.

I once had them conduct a test and they placed a free ebook in my online bookshelf which they themselves told me afterwards that it couldn't be deleted after the test.

Guess they never built in that functionality...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
bubbaspyce

OK, update. I figured out how to delete books (duh, I guess it helps to read the manual.) Once I did that I uploaded personal content via the Librarian. Yeah!!! Success. Thanks again for all your responses and help. Now I can enjoy my reader once again.