Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #46
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
This made me laugh. I recommend you refrain from reading while driving! ...
For traffic jams or bridge openings, it helps to have an ereader or a ukulele in the car within easy reach. The trouble is that both are subject to weather extremes, so you can't leave them there unattended. The other concern is not to become so absorbed that you fail to notice when traffic begins to move again.

And, yeah--don't read while driving!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-19-2010 at 01:16 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkers View Post
Hey! but were you reading before you got the ticket. Iread while spraying my crops. Thank god for autosteer and gps.
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #48
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Nothing as extreme as some of these stories here, but I read while I walk to work. It's a mile (one-way) on a sidewalk, so it's not too bad. I've almost got it down to where I remember where the low-hanging branches are. The bruises/scratches bear testimony to the "almost" ...

I've also read while sitting in the dentist chair, waiting for the novocaine to kick in. Still can't figure out how to angle it whilst the dentist is actually working though...

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #49
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, I always read while taking a bath... I've never dropped it.
Doesn't work as well in the shower!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I've read while:

walking into a tree branch
OK, tree branches I've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Nothing as extreme as some of these stories here, but I read while I walk to work. It's a mile (one-way) on a sidewalk, so it's not too bad. I've almost got it down to where I remember where the low-hanging branches are. The bruises/scratches bear testimony to the "almost" ...

I've also read while sitting in the dentist chair, waiting for the novocaine to kick in. Still can't figure out how to angle it whilst the dentist is actually working though...

Marilyn
Dentist chair, check! And I never go to a doctor's office with a reader. Anywhere a wait is anticipated, a reader is mandatory!
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #51
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Hey, I've read in the shower. The only problem was the plastic bag my reader was in kept steaming over. (I was just trying to let the shower massage work out the kinks in my back and legs.) Reading in the tub is definitely easier, I will agree.

Can't say I've read any place exciting. Just while waiting or getting my nails done or a pedicure, or at home. Oh, and at a softball game.

My labors were too quick to think about reading ANYTHING. I didn't even get admitted to the hospital until after both births. The ER doctor wasn't even sure what my name was when my first was born; I didn't have time to get to my doctor for that one.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Hey, I've read in the shower. The only problem was the plastic bag my reader was in kept steaming over. (I was just trying to let the shower massage work out the kinks in my back and legs.) Reading in the tub is definitely easier, I will agree.
I don't have the courage to read in the shower or the bath; although the latter is a moot point, as I hardly ever bathe.

Quote:
Can't say I've read any place exciting. Just while waiting or getting my nails done or a pedicure, or at home. Oh, and at a softball game.

My labors were too quick to think about reading ANYTHING. I didn't even get admitted to the hospital until after both births. The ER doctor wasn't even sure what my name was when my first was born; I didn't have time to get to my doctor for that one.
When my wife had our first, I thought she was having false labor. I went in the kitchen and started making fudge. We got to the hospital on time, but she's never let me forget it!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #53
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've read my Kindle while waiting for my kids to get off a ride at amusement parks, at a waterpark and the beach (in a ziploc bag), and at halftime at my son's football team's state championship (they won ).
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #54
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I've read my Kindle while waiting for my kids to get off a ride at amusement parks, at a waterpark and the beach (in a ziploc bag), and at halftime at my son's football team's state championship (they won ).
Kids' birthday parties! The other day I took my daughter to one. There was about 20 parents there and two of us with e-readers. Of course we exchanged the secret handshake, etc. He was reading The Wheel of Time. I was on one of Use of Weapons. Friendship forever - but of course we didn't speak much, too busy reading.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #55
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
You know, I heard if you are reading while you're in labor the child grows up to be like the protagonist of that book. Ok, I just completely made that up, but what book was it?
I can't remember the exact title but I know it was science fiction because it was part of a Space Opera. Beside, I was in active labor for 12 hrs, which starts and stops so there was quite a bit of time in between. And my son now almost 2 loves his books
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #56
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
If reading paper books count then: sitting on the edge of a live volcano in Guatemala with lava shooting overhead. It was quite stunning to be sitting there, way above the clouds, watching a new mountain being created all around you but after an hour or so I got out my book...
Of ALL of the stories people have described here, this is the only one in which I would say...WHY WERE YOU READING??? That sounds incredibly beautiful. Maybe it would get a little bit old, but from where I'm sitting I could never imagine getting tired of it. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Now that's a commitment to multi-tasking! Just don't try to use your ereader as a soap sponge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowhappy View Post
I can't remember the exact title but I know it was science fiction because it was part of a Space Opera. Beside, I was in active labor for 12 hrs, which starts and stops so there was quite a bit of time in between. And my son now almost 2 loves his books
Interesting. At least the reading rubbed off. Yeah..12 hours...I'd be desperate for anything else to do.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #57
DannyElfman
Groupie
DannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung E60
Worst of the worst : Paris subway, line 13, when it was on strike, in summer.
30°C (86°F) at least in there, people pushing, shouting, sweating, 25 minutes trip, no air, no room, a daily delightful moment for commuters like myself. Hopefully, this time is over ...

And also crossing the sea from Italy to Greece, at night. Like a big storm out there, people puking everywhere and me sitting in a chair on the upper desk, reading because I could sleep. I'm glad I'm not sea sick
DannyElfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #58
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyElfman View Post
Worst of the worst : Paris subway, line 13, when it was on strike, in summer.
30°C (86°F) at least in there, people pushing, shouting, sweating, 25 minutes trip, no air, no room, a daily delightful moment for commuters like myself. Hopefully, this time is over ...
Classic. I did a lot of these in Melbourne and Sydney. Milk run train. 40C outside, rush-hour. You're standing on one foot (somebody else's!). Three armpits in your face.
Yet, I managed to hold my trusty Iliad above my head level (as to avoid smacking someone) and read!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:42 AM   #59
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Classic. I did a lot of these in Melbourne and Sydney. Milk run train. 40C outside, rush-hour. You're standing on one foot (somebody else's!). Three armpits in your face.
Yet, I managed to hold my trusty Iliad above my head level (as to avoid smacking someone) and read!
When I still went by train, and it was too busy to move even your pinkie around, I'd put on my audiobook. I always had my book and my mp3 player with me. Reading in the train, listening on my way to work (a 15 minute walk).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #60
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
When I still went by train, and it was too busy to move even your pinkie around, I'd put on my audiobook. I always had my book and my mp3 player with me. Reading in the train, listening on my way to work (a 15 minute walk).
Problem I have with reading/listening to books is keeping in sync.
Now I drive everywhere I go (they don't do public transport much here), but I still prefer listening to podcasts of my favourite radio shows from Australia than listening to audio books.