Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #181
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Thanks this is also cheap at Books on Board and they recently gave me $2.24
reward dollars for picking up a Free audio book that brought it down to $1.23 super bargain
They gave me a dollar in rewards today for doing nothing.
I did try all week to buy from them but my card wouldn't go through for some reason. It wouldn't work at Kobo. Karen suggested my card had blocked out of country purchases.

Today I got email saying your rewards are empty so we gave you some and it turned out to be a whole dollar! So I went and bought a book and lo and behold the card actually went through! I wonder if my Kobo problem is fixed now too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #182
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Oh Yay! The Night is Mine is on sale for $1.00 for DANL members in August!
The discover15 is also still working.

Since I didn't use last month's credit I'll be grabbing I Own the Dawn and Temptation in a Kilt as my freebies.
Awesome! I got mine at Kobo I forget how much. August is going to be huge month for DANL it seems I need more money.
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #183
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
At Kobo, I use PayPal because I don't get charged any fees for purchasing out of the US. Also, I don't need to dig up my card to enter the card number.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #184
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
At Kobo, I use PayPal because I don't get charged any fees for purchasing out of the US. Also, I don't need to dig up my card to enter the card number.
I use Paypal when I have money in there but my money is on my prepaid card right now. Anyway I was able to buy by using their CC Form through Paypal. Books On Board doesn't have this option when paying with Paypal you have to use your account. You can't enter a CC and pay that way.

I no longer get charge out of country fees due to their change in processors. I get charge a state and county tax now on all my purchases so I only buy there if it's the cheapest.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #185
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Thanks this is also cheap at Books on Board and they recently gave me $2.24
reward dollars for picking up a Free audio book that brought it down to $1.23 super bargain
Oh yeah!! Thanks for the reminder, I've had a $1 in credit from BoB sitting there for awhile. Got it for $2.47. Been pretty happy with most of my CP purchases so far, having read over 20 of them and rated most of them as 4s and 5s. Of course I had to grab this one too.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #186
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use Paypal when I have money in there but my money is on my prepaid card right now. Anyway I was able to buy by using their CC Form through Paypal. Books On Board doesn't have this option when paying with Paypal you have to use your account. You can't enter a CC and pay that way.

I no longer get charge out of country fees due to their change in processors. I get charge a state and county tax now on all my purchases so I only buy there if it's the cheapest.
Using PayPal with Kobo recently (last week sometime), I didn't get charged any sales tax.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #187
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Pirate Next Door by Jennifer Ashley is on Sale for 99 cents! I've had this on my wishlist for awhile now waiting for a price reduction. The other two books are still $2.99 but I am patient.

Seriously I have no problem paying $2.99 for a historical novel. It's the $4.99 prices I can't see paying that the other authors are using for their self publish books. Good thing for Lendle! I bought the other day Samantha James backlist tiles at $2.99 a piece so I think it's a perfect price but I think putting the first book at 99 cents is smart marketing.

Last post for July! It's time for a new thread!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #188
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They gave me a dollar in rewards today for doing nothing.
I did try all week to buy from them but my card wouldn't go through for some reason. It wouldn't work at Kobo. Karen suggested my card had blocked out of country purchases.

Today I got email saying your rewards are empty so we gave you some and it turned out to be a whole dollar! So I went and bought a book and lo and behold the card actually went through! I wonder if my Kobo problem is fixed now too.
I got that email, too! I must say, it's a good way to get me to shop there more, just giving me money to spend! Lol!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #189
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
the discover15 code appears to not work any more at DANL. I'll wait and see if anyone else finds out differently.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #190
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
OK, I'm looking at the August selections at DANL and I want 3 of them :lol: I have a vow not to spend any more money on books so -- such a tough choice.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #191
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
I wasn't able to make the discount code work either, but I'm thrilled I saved last month's credit. I used my credits for the Karen Kelley and Robin Kaye books...and am leaning towards buying the Kennedy and Buchman titles as well.

DANL has AMAZING selections this month. I am so glad they decided to add more choices to the monthly selections. That alone will keep me renewing my membership.
JNCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #192
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I hope DANL beefs up their bundle selections, they are a little light in this area.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #193
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
the discover15 code appears to not work any more at DANL. I'll wait and see if anyone else finds out differently.
It didn't work for me either so I didn't buy anything yet.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #194
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
I think discover15 expired in mid-July sometime... I vaguely recall...

Sorry to poop the party..
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #195
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I was able to use it on Jult 31. Must have died right after.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote