Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
HELP, just accidently deleted a number of books

I just accidentally deleted (Remove Books) over 200 books from my Calibre library, which had not been sent to my reader.

Any way to recover from this screw up?

Don't mess around with things when you are tired.

And READ pop up boxes before you click on an answer, I thought I was canceling the remove operation, but apparently not.

Thanks.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Recycle Bin/Trash?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After the initial panic, I did check the Recycle Bin and they were there. So I restored them.

But how to get Calibre to see them again?

Some form of scan the library and recreate it?
Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
They should be still on the eReader or in your computer. USB to computer & re-import them to calibre.

On computer just re import them as you did to get them to calibre in the 1st place.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 03-02-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Pinecone
Guru

These are books that are NOT transfered to my reader.

I found in the FAQ to rebuild the Calibre database to click and hold on the Calibre icon on the toolbar and select Library Maintenance > Restore Database.

But clicking and holding does not do anything. Version 0.8.34
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
These are books that are NOT transfered to my reader.

I found in the FAQ to rebuild the Calibre database to click and hold on the Calibre icon on the toolbar and select Library Maintenance > Restore Database.

But clicking and holding does not do anything. Version 0.8.34
My advice is NOT to use the recycle bin Restore (the DB entry does not hit there), but copy the files to someplace else and add them back, the traditional way.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Pinecone
Guru

Too late.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
for my calibre 0.8.41 this operation is accessed by simply clicking the library button. is shows a menu where i can switch library and at the bottom there is library maintanance
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Pinecone
Guru

I may need to upgrade then. I don't get that with 0.8.34

Back in a bit.

------------------------------------------

Back, that was it, 0.8.34 does not have the Library Maintenance. It is restoring as I type.

Last edited by Pinecone; 03-02-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Pinecone
Guru

Fixed.

Thanks.

I probably would have figured out on my own, but being half asleep and panicked, it was good to have support.

But one thought, maybe the User Manual should have a rev code for various instructions so you will know that you need to upgrade for that instruction to work.