Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Strahan
Strahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Firmware rollback?

Is it possible to revert to an older firmware? My Kindle updated to 5.1.0 and I didn't want it to. I'd like to put it back to the 5.0.3 I had on it when I first got it.

Is it possible? Thanks!
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Is it possible to revert to an older firmware? My Kindle updated to 5.1.0 and I didn't want it to. I'd like to put it back to the 5.0.3 I had on it when I first got it.

Is it possible? Thanks!
Yes, that is part of the "de-bricking" process - please refer to the lead (topic) post of the topmost sticky thread here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The debricking thread is in the sticky at the top of the forum. It has kernel and partition "forensic" images for 5.0.0. You cannot flash the main partition with fastboot, so you need diags SSH for this procedure. It is documented in the sticky.

You can upgrade to 5.0.4 (or whichever version you want) after downgrading to 5.0.0.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote