Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #28891
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Ah the Fourth of July! A great holiday. I am proud to be an American and feel more the blessed to have been born in this country.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #28892
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Happy Independence Day to our American members.

And Peet's Major Dickason's Blend in my cup.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #28893
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy 4th of July to fellow Americans.

Cold coffee in my cup, as I totally forgot about it while I was madly trying to get stuff watered on the patio before leaving today. So, waiting for a fresh cup and going back out to hose off all the patio umbrellas.

Then, coming back tonight to make sure all the hoses are hooked up to faucets (front and back), as (around here) highly, illegal, explosive, aerial fireworks really means "totally legal and shoot as many as you can up in the air before you get arrested". The neighbors and I sit outside for most of the night watching the firework shows in the sky. We might as well enjoy the free show, if they are going to do it anyway.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #28894
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Second mug of tea.

Years ago we had some neighbors across the street from us (on the uphill side) who had a real passion for shooting off bottle rockets ... many of which headed in our direction. They left for school a while ago. Good luck to their new neighbors!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #28895
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Preparing an Ardbeg slushie ... my after dinner walk was a bit warmish ...

Neighbors shoot off small fireworks, sparklers, etc. - training their kids to ignore laws and common sense safety ... the noise sends the cats into the closets for most of the evening ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #28896
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I like the way your sparkling earrings lay,
Against your skin, it's so brown.
And I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight
With a billion stars all around.

'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling,
And I know you won't let me down
'cause I'm already standing on the ground.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ezBNtELtQ )

Good morning, everyone! Home again, and the better person for having been gone. What a delightfully peaceful trip! Ate a lot of coconuts and bananas, provided for us by Mother as we walked along, met some very interesting people and saw some wonderful sights. Learned a great deal about the ecology of this part of the world, and a bit about the history too. I expected to see Rambo climbing on the bamboo scaffolding around an ancient temple, but I guess he was busy saving the world somewhere else. So now I'm sitting here drinking unbranded Keemun tea and editing several hundred photos that I shot. I decided to get a bit more creative with one of them as it really exemplified the mood of this trip. A blend of photograph of the valley with a Photoshop filter, resulting in... 'Peace and tranquility....'

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #28897
marcsec
marcsec
marcsec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Happy 4th of July to all Americans - Ethiopian coffee, half a mug left, with plenty of sugar. Delicious!
marcsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #28898
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Stitchawl, that blended picture looks pretty good. Is the Goddess really on top of the building?

Well, fireworks are still coloring our night sky and probably will be until almost morning, especially since it has cooled off and a slight breeze has come up. I will admit that they are very pretty when so many are going off at once. It's just a bit scary when we are in a drought and everything is so dry around here.

Cold tea in my cup and fruit on my plate.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:11 AM   #28899
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Nice picture Stitchawl. Look forward to more, and especially more details of your adventures.

Nothing in my cup. Just finished some avocado on toast and now off on a walk to the Post Office (not quite the jungles of Thailand, I admit...).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #28900
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I like the way your sparkling earrings lay,
Against your skin, it's so brown.
And I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight
With a billion stars all around.

'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling,
And I know you won't let me down
'cause I'm already standing on the ground.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ezBNtELtQ )

Good morning, everyone! Home again, and the better person for having been gone. What a delightfully peaceful trip! Ate a lot of coconuts and bananas, provided for us by Mother as we walked along, met some very interesting people and saw some wonderful sights. Learned a great deal about the ecology of this part of the world, and a bit about the history too. I expected to see Rambo climbing on the bamboo scaffolding around an ancient temple, but I guess he was busy saving the world somewhere else. So now I'm sitting here drinking unbranded Keemun tea and editing several hundred photos that I shot. I decided to get a bit more creative with one of them as it really exemplified the mood of this trip. A blend of photograph of the valley with a Photoshop filter, resulting in... 'Peace and tranquility....'

Stitchawl
Which filter did you use?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #28901
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Banana/mango lassi as dessert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Stitchawl, that blended picture looks pretty good. Is the Goddess really on top of the building?
Not on top of a building, but sitting on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Nan Valley. There are temples roughly every 11 meters in Thailand. (This MAY be a slight exaggeration, but only slight. I can see the tops of 12 of them from one window in my house...) This particular temple is on a rise at the edge of the valley, and the statue sits on its base in a viewing area just below the temple buildings themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Which filter did you use?
The image was corrected first with standard Photoshop correction tools (curves, adjustment layers, etc., etc.) then with Nik Color Effect 4/landscape pro contrast, then the special effects were added to the entire image with Topaz Labs Simplify 4/Painting/Impressions Color. Then using Photoshop's History Brush tool, I removed the Topaz Labs filter effect from the temple part of the image, leaving it in place for the landscape. I'm going to have to redo it as I really rushed through the removal, and didn't stay 'inside the lines' well enough to use as a sale-able image. It was just an experiment for me, a first time with this combination, and I hurried too much. But I love the way it turned out so I don't mind redoing it!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #28902
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Finally sitting down to my second tea, but we've already been out to see the Devil's Disciple, by George Bernard Shaw, at a local theater. It was a lot of fun.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #28903
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah Topaz. Yeah, been thinking about them, but not ready to drop the cash yet.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #28904
VydorScope
Wizard

Cool vid - go large and 1080p if you can. A drone with a GoPro flying through a fireworks show.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #28905
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
A cheeky port before bed.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?