Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #1321
akorx
Groupie
akorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Glo

Hi,

I don't like FW 3.15.0 and 3.16.0 because there are very big ghosting on my Glo (the biggest appear with boxes when I use dictionnary for example)....

So :

1. can I reinstall 3.14.0 (or 3.13.0) directly on my device without to do a factory reset ?

2. will I keep my library and my shelves or not if I don't do this factory reset ? I know Iwill have to reinstall the rest of settings or add-on like night mode...

3. should I save a file or a directory before thoose steps ?

NB : sorry for my bad english...

Last edited by akorx; 06-27-2015 at 05:45 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #1322
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post

Hi,

I don't like FW 3.15.0 and 3.16.0 because there are very big ghosting on my Glo (the biggest appear with boxes when I use dictionnary for example)....

So :

1. can I reinstall 3.14.0 (or 3.13.0) directly on my device without to do a factory reset ?

2. will I keep my library and my shelves or not if I don't do this factory reset ? I know Iwill have to reinstall the rest of settings or add-on like night mode...

3. should I save a file or a directory before thoose steps ?

NB : sorry for my bad english...
You can fix the ghosting on 3.15.0. So go back to 3.15.0. You can add an option to the config file to fix the ghosting.

Please see http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=2
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:02 AM   #1323
akorx
Groupie
akorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can fix the ghosting on 3.15.0. So go back to 3.15.0. You can add an option to the config file to fix the ghosting.

Please see http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=2
Thanks for your reply JSWolf, but I already have added this setting in my "\.kobo\kobo\Kobo eReader" file but I've seen no change...

If someone has 3.15.0 or 3.16.0 on his glo, can you tell me if you see some ghosting and what you've got in your "kobo eReader" file ?

Last edited by akorx; 06-28-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #1324
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Thanks for your reply JSWolf, but I already have added this setting in my "\.kobo\kobo\Kobo eReader" file but I've seen no change...

If someone has 3.15.0 or 3.16.0 on his glo, can you tell me if you see some ghosting and what you've got in your "kobo eReader" file ?
The casing of the letters matter, so make sure it is identical, with the upper case letters being upper cased, and the lower case letters being lower cased.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #1325
akorx
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The casing of the letters matter, so make sure it is identical, with the upper case letters being upper cased, and the lower case letters being lower cased.
I've done a copy and paste, so I've got this :

[FeatureSettings]
LeanAndMean=false

I've tried with LeanAndMean=true but it makes no difference.

I'm the only one to see this big bug on a Glo ?