Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Spankypoo
Enthusiast
Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Myriad
Question Foreign Affairs Replacing Previous Issue

Hey all,

When the new (August) Foreign Affairs was pushed out to my K2 today, the previous one (June) disappeared. June's not in my Archived Items, either. I had to delete August and resend June for it to show up on my home screen, (it had my old notes, progress and bookmarks still saved, fortunately). If I then try to resend the August issue, June disappears again.

Any idea why? I tried setting it to keep, but that still didn't fix it, even though it does say "keep" next to it.

Thanks!
Spankypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #2
Spankypoo
Enthusiast
Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting addition: When I delete the August issue, June appears automatically. So it's definitely actively limiting me to only seeing the newest, even though it doesn't delete the old one.

Am I just stuck? Is this some kind of DRM Hades?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Are you sure you don't have both issues "stacked" - is there a white box on the line for this title? For magazines, Kindle creates a folder for them - clicking on the box reveals you available issues. If you have a DX - you have to select "Save" to keep back issues.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Spankypoo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Are you sure you don't have both issues "stacked" - is there a white box on the line for this title? For magazines, Kindle creates a folder for them - clicking on the box reveals you available issues. If you have a DX - you have to select "Save" to keep back issues.
I'm not seeing anything like that. Looks like every other book on there.

I tried selecting it and clicking menu, still not in the Archived Items. I tried moving the stick left and right (just got the usual behavior).
Old 07-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My apologies - I now understand what's happening. There should be a line on the last page of your table of contents: Periodicals - Back Issues. When you receive a new issue AND have marked the former issue as "Save" - the older issues are here - you can retrieve & continue reading them. I'm not sure what happens if you don't mark them to save. Perhaps that is causing your dilemma.

This is a major change by Amazon on dealing with magazine back issues - and, as usual, they didn't bother to tell anyone.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Spankypoo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
My apologies - I now understand what's happening. There should be a line on the last page of your table of contents: Periodicals - Back Issues. When you receive a new issue AND have marked the former issue as "Save" - the older issues are here - you can retrieve & continue reading them. I'm not sure what happens if you don't mark them to save. Perhaps that is causing your dilemma.

This is a major change by Amazon on dealing with magazine back issues - and, as usual, they didn't bother to tell anyone.
Thanks! That did the trick. With 20 pages of books, you can see why I didn't notice...

Thanks again!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankypoo View Post
Thanks! That did the trick. With 20 pages of books, you can see why I didn't notice...

Thanks again!
I went through the same thing - I have 27 pages of books - and thought I had lost my back issues!