Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
kejay
kejay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS - 600
Unhappy Charging problems

I purchased a Sony PRS - 600 reader during a recent visit to the United States. I completed an initial charge using the USB cable to my son's computer and then ran the callibration. I turned the reader off to return to the hotel but have since not been able to turn the reader on again. I phoned the Sony help desk for assistance and was told that it appears to have lost all battery power, to do a full reset and re-power. I attempted this on my return to Australia but to no avail. The reader appears to be dead - I can not turn the reader on, the reader is not recognised by the computer when attempting to re-charge and no charge light shows on the reader. What am I doing wrong and is there a quick fix? Thank you...
kejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
When the battery is completely flat, it might take up to 40 minutes to even show the red charging light if changing from USB. So:
1) Connect USB and make sure to disable computer's auto sleep/off function. Then wait a couple of hours.
or,
2) Get a PSP charger (available pretty much everywhere) and charge using the round yellow socket. Charger doesn't have to be brand name Sony, any clone will do.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert