Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
421k-33-5779xgr-llama-llama-duck-1b.

I sometimes wonder why we even bothered to micro-engrave the isntructions on that grain of rice we put in the Airport right next to the Generic Tschotschkes Shop. :sheesh:
hey now, i *tried* to consult it just two weeks from now, but they are only open from 7am to 7:08am !! and all civilised people are asleep at that time, as i'm sure you know.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #17
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
We have a new electronic medical record going on line this weekend and I am a "Super User." Which means I'm supposed to know more than the other pshrynks in the department about how to use it and answer any questions. It's a huge program and is going to take a lot of my time to master. So, I may be absent for lengthy periods of time. Sorry.
You, a "super user"? But I thought you were an L user.

(one of these days I'll get that font right. not today.)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey now, i *tried* to consult it just two weeks from now, but they are only open from 7am to 7:08am !! and all civilised people are asleep at that time, as i'm sure you know.

OH ! - hang on I've just had another read at the title .....

pshrynk may be comatose/asleep/dreaming/inatrance during the weekend .... ah ....._____
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #19
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Which means I'm supposed to know more than the other pshrynks in the department about how to use it and answer any questions.
When they need help can't you just say, "How do -you- think you should use it?" and then when they describe the result ask them how it makes them feel, then charge them $300?

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
When they need help can't you just say, "How do -you- think you should use it?" and then when they describe the result ask them how it makes them feel, then charge them $300?

-MJ
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post

-MJ
I'm still recovering from the bruises from that last time I tried it that way. pshrynks can be a testy lot.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #22
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I've spent my whole working life writing Hospital Information Systems. The Hospital administrators often cut off Physician's privileges if they got too far behind in keeping their medical records up-to-date. An electronic medical records system is *supposed* to make it easier for docs to keep their records up-to-date, but alas, it is only easier if accepted and used.

Getting some people to move from paper to electronic can be difficult, can it not?

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #23
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, don't get me started...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #24
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Oh, don't get me started...

SO THAT's the reason for the maniacal grin .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #25
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
May God have mercy on your soul.

For the past 10 yrs, we have been using EMR.
For the past 2 yrs, we have been working toward paperless.

I've been the leader on the paperless initiative. It's made me surly, because I have to force people to think differently about how they handle documents, and nobody likes to have to think differently.

"What should I do about this?" is the most hated question in my life.
"Scan it to EMR and shred it," is ALWAYS the answer. I need to record that and just hit a button that plays it whenever somebody looks confused.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #26
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
I'm still recovering from the bruises from that last time I tried it that way. pshrynks can be a testy lot.
Is that what happened to two of your teeth, then?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #27
pshrynk

Right now, I'm entering all my favorites for medications into the server and it's a six step process. There are pshrynks in the department who haven't touched a computer since they were hired other than to play solitaire when someone no-shows.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #28
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Right now, I'm entering all my favorites for medications into the server and it's a six step process.
Why do I have the mental image of someone getting the DVD tray to open, placing a few pills into it, closing it, and repeating the process until all the pills are used? I'm slightly nervous about the state of the server after all that medication.

Quote:
There are pshrynks in the department who haven't touched a computer since they were hired other than to play solitaire when someone no-shows.
Unlike some who haven't touched a computer except to post on MR when someone no-shows?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #29
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Why do I have the mental image of someone getting the DVD tray to open, placing a few pills into it, closing it, and repeating the process until all the pills are used? I'm slightly nervous about the state of the server after all that medication.
I was more worried that pshrynk was actually referring to favorite medications for his own personal/recreational use...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #30
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post

Unlike some who haven't touched a computer except to post on MR when someone no-shows?
Hey, I also play solitaire while browsing MR. I canz multitask!