Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #61
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It certainly looks that way -- only way to be sure is to give it a try.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #62
balok
Ugly alien
balok doesn't litterbalok doesn't litterbalok doesn't litter

Device: tricorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxikon View Post
Sony will not have the Reader in the retail store in Québec.
If the manuals are already bilingual, then there are two other possible reasons: Connect and customer support. Trying to sell Connect to Quebeckers would be futile if it only offers English books. Customer support for the Rest of Canada is probably just the US customer support via a toll-free number available in Canada. It would be very costly for Sony to set up customer support in French. That's why I agree with Paradoxikon. There won't be any Readers available in Quebec soon.

This would be the perfect opportunity for Bookeen to offer its product in retail stores in Quebec. They don't have any problems offering customer support in French.
balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #63
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by balok View Post
This would be the perfect opportunity for Bookeen to offer its product in retail stores in Quebec. They don't have any problems offering customer support in French.
Only as much trouble as they have offering it in any other language.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #64
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I was going to order one for my buddy. He asked me to get him a blue one but they only seem to sell silver ones. Now he plans to wait. Figures. They just dangle the carrot.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #65
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by balok View Post
If the manuals are already bilingual, then there are two other possible reasons: Connect and customer support. Trying to sell Connect to Quebeckers would be futile if it only offers English books. Customer support for the Rest of Canada is probably just the US customer support via a toll-free number available in Canada. It would be very costly for Sony to set up customer support in French. That's why I agree with Paradoxikon. There won't be any Readers available in Quebec soon.

Sony is having a contest to win a 505. According to the rules people from Quebec can not even enter.

Quote:
Eligibility. The Sony Connect James Patterson Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), who are adults (18 years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry. Employees, representatives and contractors of Sony Connect Inc. ("Sponsor"), any affiliated companies, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, the immediate family members of such companies (regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. By participating in the Sweepstakes as described in Sections 2 or 3 herein below, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules (the "Rules"), and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sony Connect Inc., Sony and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #66
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Sony is having a contest to win a 505. According to the rules people from Quebec can not even enter.
This is common in Canadian contests and isn't specific to Sony. I found this explanation:

Quote:
For contests, the Quebec government has many rules and regulations which are not applicable in all other Canadian provinces and territories. For example, in order to include Quebec residents in contests, the organization must register the contest in advance with the Quebec government, pay a fee of the total contest prize value, and many other regulations. To avoid the extra work, financial obligations, and also avoid any legal action by the Quebec government, many companies will simply exclude Quebec in its eligibility requirement clause in the contest rules.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #67
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
So, Quebec makes including its citizens such a pain in the sitter-downer that most folks just exclude them?

Since Quebec's citizens (at least theoretically) choose their government, they must want a government that does this sort of thing. I'd say it seems like they're lying in the bed they wanted made.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Today I finally noticed that the manual is also in French.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #69
buckshot
buckshot began at the beginning.

Device: None Yet
My dreams have come true, I can finally get one in Canada!

Actually for those of you who want a bit of a deal on one Dell has them on sale today only for $269.

Heres the link:
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...1&sku=A1629897

I ordered mine from Dell, hopefully it will ship quickly.
buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #70
jimmyche
jimmyche began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot View Post

Actually for those of you who want a bit of a deal on one Dell has them on sale today only for $269.

Heres the link:

Ordered, Thanks for the heads up.
I have searched days for a bargain price. This works out to be even cheaper than ebay & Amazon.
jimmyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #71
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I am really happy for you guys!

Hope you enjoy your new toy
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #72
jimmyche
jimmyche began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Estimated ship date: 05/05/2008.

That's still 3 weeks of waiting.
jimmyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #73
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

does it come with any credit from Sony Ebook store?
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #74
simonp
simonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot View Post

Heres the link:

Looks like I missed this. Price is back up to $299.
simonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #75
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

yup, it was one day sale. Discount came from Earth day. I didn't realize but buying Sony E-book device, we're cutting down on paper books.
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, prs-505, sony reader