Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
slomkowski
slomkowski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
mailbook - equivalent for 'Send to Kindle' with collections support for K3 and DX

I've bought Kindle DX some time ago. Despite its age, it's a great reading device. One of its features is 'Send to Kindle'. The main disadvantage is that you have to pay for each MB transferred via Whispernet. I've noticed that you can send the files using @free.kindle.com email address but after sending an email you have to manually put the files at the Amazon website.

To overcome these inconveniences I've written a replacement for 'Send to Kindle' feature. It's a collection of three Python scripts which run on Kindle, local computer and remote shell account. Together, they automatically convert e-books to .mobi using Calibre of kindlegen and send them to device via Whispernet.

The program and more details are at the Github repository
https://github.com/slomkowski/mailbook.
I hope somebody will find it useful. The script was tested on Kindle DX but it should run on Kindle 3 as well.
slomkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yay, glad to see people enjoying Python on Kindle ;-)!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dx hacks, k3 hacks, kindle 3 3g, kindle dx, python, send to kindle