Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
greenlees
greenlees began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Calibre rating column displays lines not stars

I know its not a big deal, but it just changed in the last week and I can't figure out why. The rating column used to display stars, now it displays heavy black vertical lines. Does anyone know why, and how to set it back to display stars?

TIA
greenlees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlees View Post
I know its not a big deal, but it just changed in the last week and I can't figure out why. The rating column used to display stars, now it displays heavy black vertical lines. Does anyone know why, and how to set it back to display stars?

TIA
Try changing the font (preferences: look and feel). your current font may not have a star
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
greenlees

thanks! that fixed it
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
greenlees

Actually - it only fixed it temporarily.... until the next time I opened calibre. Then it went back to the heavy lines. I didn't like the new font anyway so I decided to switch back to Tahoma and the stars were back. Yay!!

BUT... I just opened calibre again and its back to heavy lines.

It made sense it might be the font (although I had never changed the font). But this is quite odd. The only changes I ever make to calibre are to update it every now and then.

So if anyone else had any suggestions I'm all ears.

TIA