Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
catiebake
catiebake began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Reachable but not present in Manifest error?

I am creating a mobi file by starting in InDesign CS5.5 - Export to Epub - Edit Epub in Sigil - then using Kindle Preview to convert to mobi. I have added the "guide" section however when I open in Kindle Preview it still says No Cover image and No Table of Contents. When I try and validate the epub in Sigil I get two error messages that My cover and Contents are reachable but no present in Manifest? Do I have to add them somewhere manually? And Do I add the Indesign file or the HTML? Or Can I just right click and add semantics and it will be ok? Also - Is there a better way to view my mobi file then the Kindle Preview? Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching a screen shot of my error message in Sigil.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-05-02 at 10.07.12 AM.png
Views:	306
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	86000  
catiebake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by catiebake View Post
I am creating a mobi file by starting in InDesign CS5.5 - Export to Epub - Edit Epub in Sigil - then using Kindle Preview to convert to mobi. I have added the "guide" section however when I open in Kindle Preview it still says No Cover image and No Table of Contents. When I try and validate the epub in Sigil I get two error messages that My cover and Contents are reachable but no present in Manifest? Do I have to add them somewhere manually? And Do I add the Indesign file or the HTML? Or Can I just right click and add semantics and it will be ok? Also - Is there a better way to view my mobi file then the Kindle Preview? Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching a screen shot of my error message in Sigil.

Thanks
A cover image must be called on some page (Cover or Jacket is the usual place)to be used.
Those messages say you have a image file but no one is using them.
Mobi wants a HTML file version of the TOC (not the NCX used by EPUB)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
One annoying that Sigil does is messing with the file structure. All .html files end up in the Text folder, all images in the Images folder etc.
Therefore, you'll need to prefix file names in the guide section with Text\. I.e., they must have the same path as in the manifest section. For example:

Code:
<reference href="Text/SpringCover.html" title="Cover" type="cover" />
<reference href="Text/contents_and_statement.html" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc" />
As for the cover page, KindleGen ignores it, if it finds an <image> tag. Simply add semantics to the cover image.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
catiebake
catiebake began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks so much for your quick response! You are a lifesaver.
catiebake is offline   Reply With Quote