Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #451
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsVHEn View Post
it said "Unsupported init.xargs"
That refers to /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/init.xargs, and really shouldn't happen. Did you tamper with that file? Anyway, can you post the exact content of the file here?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #452
AsVHEn
AsVHEn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G 5.1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
That refers to /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/init.xargs, and really shouldn't happen. Did you tamper with that file? Anyway, can you post the exact content of the file here?
Connecting to PC opt folder is empty. I am trying to connect by ssh but I can't find user/pass combination.
But yes, I tamper with that file
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=179

Last edited by AsVHEn; 08-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.
AsVHEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #453
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Connecting to PC opt folder is empty. I am trying to connect by ssh but I can't find user/pass combination.
Enable usbnetwork using ";un password mario" to set "mario" as the root password...
Old 08-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #454
AsVHEn

It installed smothly now, you are the best . I put what init.xargs had in case it can be helpful for something:
Quote:
-Dch.ethz.iks.concierge.basedir=file:/opt/amazon/ebook/lib
-Dch.ethz.iks.concierge.jars=file:/opt/amazon/ebook/lib
-Dch.ethz.iks.concierge.log.enabled=true
-Dch.ethz.iks.concierge.log.level=4
-Dch.ethz.iks.concierge.debug.classloading=true
-Dch.ethz.iks.concierge.storage=/var/local/java
-Dch.ethz.iks.concierge.strictStartup=true
-Dcom.amazon.kindle.util.log.logLevel=info

-istart jbpatch.jar
-istart KindleLauncher.jar
-istart portability-impl.jar
-istart kaf.jar
-istart KindletSystemPlugins-2.1.jar
-istart AudibleHandler.jar
-istart ACXToDoHandler.jar
(Only when you ask about I sublty remembered I touch that file )
Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #455
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
It installed smothly now, you are the best . I put what init.xargs had in case it can be helpful for something:

(Only when you ask about I sublty remembered I touch that file )
The "-istart KindleLauncher.jar" line was the culprit - it should never have been there. Actually, you're really lucky that you didn't brick your device by inserting that line
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #456
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Custom Screensavers

Hi All,
I know this topic is sort of frowned upon here, but does the patch to remove special offers enable the screensaver hack? When I tried the screensaver hack all it did was disable screensavers entirely, so when I pressed the button the screen froze and remained locked despite still showing exactly what I was doing when I pressed the lock button instead of showing an image.
Thanks,
Bill

EDIT: Also, is there any reason why my kindle should always boot up into landscape mode? Is this intentional or a bug?

Last edited by BillyBigStuff; 08-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #457
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Any reason, yes - you enabled the "Enable all Screen Rotations" module. Now be a clever little user and disable it (then restart Framework or Kindle), the whining makes me cringe.

As for the other question, you could simply try it right?
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #458
AsVHEn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
The "-istart KindleLauncher.jar" line was the culprit - it should never have been there. Actually, you're really lucky that you didn't brick your device by inserting that line
Lol, then I am not really coursed :P.

Last edited by AsVHEn; 08-05-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #459
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
Any reason, yes - you enabled the "Enable all Screen Rotations" module. Now be a clever little user and disable it (then restart Framework or Kindle), the whining makes me cringe.

As for the other question, you could simply try it right?
Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Thank you for your first point, I will try that now. The second, a little uncalled for as far as I can tell, and third, if you'd bothered to read what I had written you would have seen that I stated that I had tried it however it's effect was not what was expected.
Thanks for the first bit, though. Feel a little as though my time here has started on the wrong foot now, sorry.
Bill
Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #460
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Touch
Is it possible to use JBPatch to allow kindlets to close themselves? As far as I understand, currently kindlets can only be closed by user (pressing home button).
Do I need a separate patch to do that, or some JBPatch magic in kindlet would be enough?

Can I escalate kindlet's permissions through JBPatch instead of editing /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy?
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #461
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradoks View Post
As far as I understand, currently kindlets can only be closed by user (pressing home button).
I was wrong about it. It's possible to use something like "lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd stop app://com.lab126.booklet.kindlet" to close self.
But the question about privilege escalation remains.
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #462
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradoks View Post
I was wrong about it. It's possible to use something like "lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd stop app://com.lab126.booklet.kindlet" to close self.
But the question about privilege escalation remains.
Use the Kindlet Jailbreak, that's what it's there for...

All of the Kindlets I released so far make use of it, because all of them require non-standard permissions. Check the "main Kindlets" of any of them to see how it's used. More info about the Kindlet jailbreak (including source code) here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1905690

Last edited by ixtab; 08-06-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #463
ixtab
(offline)

Off-topic

Or rather "off-site"

@forokd/cristbo: Please tell all of these people who are complaining about "Update error 3" that they are not following the instructions correctly.

They should use the "Update your Kindle" entry in settings, but they're doing it wrong again and again, by using the "Restart" entry instead - and this is guaranteed to give Error 003.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #464
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast

Would it be feasible to make a patch to add in the progress bar like there is on the K4NT, or are the frameworks too different in that respect?
Bill
Old 08-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #465
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBigStuff View Post
Would it be feasible to make a patch to add in the progress bar like there is on the K4NT, or are the frameworks too different in that respect?
Bill
I doubt it -- or let's say, it would probably be a tremendous effort for a marginal gain. Anyway, since I don't own a K4: what does the progress bar look like at all?

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks