Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Corrupted Custom Screensaver (K3)

Hrm... looks like I might have some corruption on my K3's internal memory.

For a while I was getting an error whenever I'd plug it into a Win7 box, which wouldn't go away even after choosing to "fix" the problem. So, I ran checkdisk from the command line, which resolved the error message. Some time after that I finally uninstalled the SS hack and old jailbreak which was preventing the 3.3 upgrade and allowed everything to upgrade, after which I re-jailbroke it and re-installed the SS hack. During this time period (though not exactly sure when, since the images rotate over some time period) the image got corrupted. Not sure whether the former or later.

Anybody ever seen this behavior? Hopefully it's not an indication of impeding doom! I hope the internal flash storage isn't dying!

twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote