Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Got a Kobo Today

It was 50% off at the Borders near me (and I had a $25 Borders gift cert from my birthday). I still need to get a cover for it. I went out with family for awhile after that so I have really read on it but I was able to get an eBook I got from Smashwords on it as well as a loaner eBook from my library. I also got some free Gutenberg eBooks.

So, so far so good. I was a little frustrated until I realized I had to save and not just open my non-library eBooks to get them on. I didn't have to do that with the library one for some reason. Then I had to add to library. I figured it out. Unlike the Nook I was thinking of getting, it doesn't play audio but that is what I have an iPod for right? Pretty happy so far.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Instead of gutenburg you might like Feedbooks you get a better book cover and they are put together a bit better (like margins) and way better search engine so you can find what your looking for faster and easier. Thats what I use when I want to get a book that I might read later but not right now so I don't want to plug up my Kobo with it I just put it on and SD card for later. Wow good deal on the Kobo if you got it for $50 bucks!
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
Instead of gutenburg you might like Feedbooks you get a better book cover and they are put together a bit better (like margins) and way better search engine so you can find what your looking for faster and easier. Thats what I use when I want to get a book that I might read later but not right now so I don't want to plug up my Kobo with it I just put it on and SD card for later. Wow good deal on the Kobo if you got it for $50 bucks!
I know, huh? It was $69.99 and I had a $25 gift cert so I basically got it for $50, after tax. Someone else mentioned feedbooks today and I like the look of the site but won't be home until later but I will download a couple from there tonight.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow thats still a great price, I used to use Gutenburg but switched to feedbooks because I liked the site better its so much simpler. Have a good one
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
With many, if not all, Boarders closing down in Georgia, I see the Kobos for sale at $69 each, only in the black. I've been thinking about picking one up to use with my public library.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Be careful with Feedbooks, since they are not well known and tend to sell to more tech inclinded people (who from a survey I saw from CNet news tend to be more loyal to one maker or distributor) they can raise their profit margins and prices a lot more readily then companies such as Amazon and Barns and Nobles can. Feedbooks can let the prices drift higher than others can.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
With many, if not all, Boarders closing down in Georgia, I see the Kobos for sale at $69 each, only in the black. I've been thinking about picking one up to use with my public library.
Hi, I picked up one of these on closeout at Borders ($69) and am very happy I did. Easy set up, easy library book download. Downloaded an ePub and a PDF to test. PDF is smaller (not scalable) but readable.
I love the feel of it, with the quilted back (though I have a cover on order for protection), and the lightness of it (that's one reason I decided against the Nook--besides the fact that I wanted something simply for reading a library book, no 'bells & whistles'.).

Was a little hesitant to get it, but at almost 1/2 less than the Nook, it was a good decision. Now I have the best of all worlds - Kindle for Amazon and Kobo for the library!!
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Be careful with Feedbooks, since they are not well known and tend to sell to more tech inclinded people (who from a survey I saw from CNet news tend to be more loyal to one maker or distributor) they can raise their profit margins and prices a lot more readily then companies such as Amazon and Barns and Nobles can. Feedbooks can let the prices drift higher than others can.
Well thats true, but I just use it for public domain books, I haven't ever bought a book from them, so I don't know how good they are on that.