Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
aethersis
aethersis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
TTS Doesn't work properly

Hello,
I have a problem with my TTS - no matter what language I choose for my Boox M96 Ivona TTS, it reads only one sentence and then stops. I installed a different TTS voice from android market and the problem doesn't occur. Could you please check if you have the same issue? I have the newest software version avalible from the manufacturer's site.
aethersis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
outremer
outremer began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
I've got exactly the same problem. I was wondering if I was the only one
outremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:44 AM   #3
aethersis
aethersis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
I contacted their support and they said they don't have the same problem but they will be working on this and they suggested me to download Ivona voices from android market. There was a problem with it (they are unavalible for the device) but I found a way round - I have both my onyx and my phone rooted, so I installed ivona on my phone and then I simply moved it from system/apps to my SD card and then moved the card to my Onyx and installed it from there and it worked! In order to do that you don't need your onyx rooted but your phone or any other android device has to be.
aethersis is offline   Reply With Quote