Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
@Feher, as I mentioned in other thread, Obuntu is designed to work in two modes
Thank You. I saw the videos and it looks amazing
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #32
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
@seaniko7

Will you publish the screen_updater source code?
Sure thing, I'll upload entire source code on GitHub including other scripts. Now it lacks any controls (i.e. it needs to be recompiled to change refresh rate, color depth, etc.)
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #33
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
@seaniko7
Quote:
I'm writing initramfs based bootloader
Wow, that's a great idea, but a lot of work. Thank you for sharing your achievements with us.
I'm really impressed of Obuntu. It's much better than I expected and really useful.

How did you get USB- Host working? Kernel modules are loaded and lsusb is showing a root hub, but no attached device. dmesg only shows that power supply is online.
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #34
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
@crazydog,
Code:
root@lucid-desktop:/home/user# rmmod ehci-hcd
root@lucid-desktop:/home/user# modprobe fsl_otg_arc
root@lucid-desktop:/home/user# modprobe arcotg_udc
root@lucid-desktop:/home/user# modprobe g_ether
root@lucid-desktop:/home/user# modprobe ehci-hcd
For usb storage devices :
Code:
root@lucid-desktop:/home/user# modprobe scsi_mod
root@lucid-desktop:/home/user# modprobe usb_storage
Then connect powered hub.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #35
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

@seaniko7
Old 07-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
5mentarios
5mentarios began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Hi, I bought my M92 a year ago at a store in Poland (I think it has a particular kernel, right?).

* My question is: "Obuntu" can work on my Onyx Boox M92 bought from the store in Poland?.

* I've tried to install "Obuntu", but does not work ("no update found. Booting device"). I do not know if is for being a M92 of poland or maybe because I have not done things well.

* Thank you very much for your attention and sorry for using the automatic translator.
5mentarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Congrats seaniko7 for this outstanding project. It looks really nice so far. Too bad i'm completely noob that i just can't try it by now. I hope later on there will be available some more understandable directions to people like me . Anyway thanks for sharing this, completely looking for it!
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #38
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Good job Seaniko7. It's fantastic !
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #39
5mentarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mentarios View Post
Hi, I bought my M92 a year ago at a store in Poland (I think it has a particular kernel, right?).

* My question is: "Obuntu" can work on my Onyx Boox M92 bought from the store in Poland?.

* I've tried to install "Obuntu", but does not work ("no update found. Booting device"). I do not know if is for being a M92 of poland or maybe because I have not done things well.

* Thank you very much for your attention and sorry for using the automatic translator.
First, many thanks to Seiniko7 for this. It's fantastic!!

I've done it. "Obuntu" work on my M92. My problem was in the "flash.oar" and that "uImage-initramfs" had put it in another folder instead of "update". The SD card, personally, the formated with "gparted" on my PC.

But Xfce is unknown to me. Where I can find "Synaptic" to install "Xournal"?. This is very important to me. Another question would be: can set the display to rotate 90 degrees?.

Thank you very much again.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #40
crazydog
error

@5mentarios
apt-get install synaptic
apt-get install xournal

I think synaptic is not pre installed, so you can't find it there. After installation it will be in work folder. I recommend to start synaptic from terminal with root account, otherwise synaptic opens and asks for root password which you can't enter without external keyboard (the onscreen keyboard is then hidden)
Old 07-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #41
5mentarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
@5mentarios
apt-get install synaptic
apt-get install xournal

I think synaptic is not pre installed, so you can't find it there. After installation it will be in work folder. I recommend to start synaptic from terminal with root account, otherwise synaptic opens and asks for root password which you can't enter without external keyboard (the onscreen keyboard is then hidden)
crazydog !!!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #42
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
What about the battery? How long it lasts until a new recharge? It's too different from regular firmware?

*** Edit: i feel stupid that just now i realized you answered this already. I think this will be important since battery can empty faster, considering it uses continuous refresh rates, as you mentioned.

Last edited by RobinDesBois; 07-16-2013 at 08:55 PM.
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #43
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
hello to all. I tried to install obuntu on my M92 black pearl. I followed the instructions of Seaniko7. I tried the flash file uImage-initramfs both with bettyboox that creating a file .oar, I formatted my SD card into two partitions (fat 32 of 500 Mb and ext3 5Gb) and I also tried to unlock my M92 with l 'utility of seaniko7. at the time of the restart my boox waits looking for the update and this continues with no result. anyone have any idea how to do? I was thinking of deleting the partition ext3 leaving only the first partition fat32, and unpack the tar.bz2 file in the space of sd "unallocated", because when I was another update i pasted update files on the sd without creating any partitions. may be the right way? sorry for automatic translation...
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #44
5mentarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpiano View Post
hello to all. I tried to install obuntu on my M92 black pearl. I followed the instructions of Seaniko7. I tried the flash file uImage-initramfs both with bettyboox that creating a file .oar, I formatted my SD card into two partitions (fat 32 of 500 Mb and ext3 5Gb) and I also tried to unlock my M92 with l 'utility of seaniko7. at the time of the restart my boox waits looking for the update and this continues with no result. anyone have any idea how to do? I was thinking of deleting the partition ext3 leaving only the first partition fat32, and unpack the tar.bz2 file in the space of sd "unallocated", because when I was another update i pasted update files on the sd without creating any partitions. may be the right way? sorry for automatic translation...
Hello. The second partition on the SDcard should be "ext3". I initially had no success installing "Obuntu". The problem in my case was that "flas.oar" and "uImage-initramfs" had them in any folder. Then I put those files in a folder called "update" and after running "flash.oar" installed correctly "Obuntu".

* Hope you helps.

* One question: is there any way to calibrate the stylus on "Obuntu"?. Thank you.

(Sorry too for the automatic translation)...
Old 07-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #45
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
thank'you 5mentarios. I tried putting "flash.oar" and "uImage-initramfs" in the "update" folder in the root of the boox, but when i run "flash.oar" my boox have only two refresh of the screen. When you run "flash.oar" your boox reboot?
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote