Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 05:31 AM   #16
jimbob101
Connoisseur
jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle App Android, Kindle PW2, Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
You could, by tagging it as "Double Helix #1", for instance, and a search for "helix" (or "tag:helix", to narrow it down) would just pick them. You'd be creating a set of 1-per-book tags, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I might be able to help here. I often use multiple tags. E.G I have the Star Trek books in Calibre. I have the series as the series e.g TNG, TOS etc.

Then i'll tag the sub-series. e;g Infection, Double helix. when i transferr these to my reader i'll have 3 collections. TNG, Infection and Double Helix.

I can also use caliber to search for a series. e.g if i search for infection i'll only find books tagged as infected.

Hope this helps
jimbob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:17 AM   #17
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob101 View Post
I might be able to help here. I often use multiple tags. E.G I have the Star Trek books in Calibre. I have the series as the series e.g TNG, TOS etc.

Then i'll tag the sub-series. e;g Infection, Double helix. when i transferr these to my reader i'll have 3 collections. TNG, Infection and Double Helix.

I can also use caliber to search for a series. e.g if i search for infection i'll only find books tagged as infected.

Hope this helps
Great solution. To add it it, you can compound your search queries. So you can search by both series and tags at the same time. This way you won't have to worry about a sub-series with the same name in another series.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #18
iain_benson
Connoisseur
iain_benson began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Another helpful tip, I prefix all my tags with a certain character: genres are prefixed with a ! e.g. !Fantasy, !Sci-Fi; types are prefixed with a # such as #Collection, #Short Fiction; sources are prefixed with a - e.g. -Fictionwise, -MobileRead; status is prefixed with % such as %Read and %Unread.

You could thus allocate another prefix for tags which are actually specify sub-series, and as long as you order and number by the main series field (and the numbers are in the same order) the books should all come out in the right order in both collections when copied to the reader.
iain_benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
I have a large ebook collection, and I have *three* copies of each book in most cases, counting Calibre's.
Lol, really? Just three?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #20
prd0
prd0 began at the beginning.

Device: stanza, calibre
Thx.. I'll add those tags, but I prefer folder structure, knowing exactly where to find the book I am looking for, and I won't even need to search. So I prefer the command line way and keep my folders intact. I am still cleaning my files from calibre copies now, I should made a new folder for calibre, so that it won't mix its copies with original books.

BTW, the Calibre2Web script is not working in my computer. No book shown, only an empty list.
prd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #21
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prd0 View Post
BTW, the Calibre2Web script is not working in my computer. No book shown, only an empty list.
You are the first person to report anything like this!

I suspect that you have got the link in Stanza set up as a Web Page rather than as a Stanza Catalog? The first page should not be a book anyway - it should be a list of things that you can navigate to. You can check that the first page has sensible contents by looking at the generated catalog.xml file that you have set as the start point in Stanza.

Note that a similar issue could stop you seeing a list of books delivered by the Calibre built-in web server.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote