Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Wink Adobe Digital Authorise 2 Ereaders?

Have now bought a Nexus 7 and downloaded a few books through the Kindle App for Android

I also have a Kobo Touch that I have been reading my Kobo books on.

I would like to read the Kobo books on the Nexus too.

Is this possible?
I opened Adobe Digital on my computer and connected my Nexus But nothing happened
Is this because the email on my Nexus is different?
Any advice welcome please
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There is a Kobo app you can download to access your Kobo books if you don't want to mess with ADE.

As far as books from ADE you need a reading app that supports Adobe encrypted books such as Mantano, BlueFire or Aldiko. You then activate that app with your Adobe ID and should then be able to see your device in ADE.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
There is a Kobo app you can download to access your Kobo books if you don't want to mess with ADE.

As far as books from ADE you need a reading app that supports Adobe encrypted books such as Mantano, BlueFire or Aldiko. You then activate that app with your Adobe ID and should then be able to see your device in ADE.

Thanks. Just found the Kobo app and installed.
I have got Aldiko on my Nexus 7. Tried to add adobe digital books also but it did say device not authorised.

Just don't know how to activate my device.

When I got my kobo I activated it in ADE. But don't know how to do it again lol
Want to still use both devices.
The nexus has a different email does that matter?

Last edited by book64; 11-26-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Just don't know how to activate my device.
You activate it in the apps settings...
https://aldiko.zendesk.com/entries/3...th-an-adobe-id

Once it's activated it should show up as a device in ADE.

Quote:
The nexus has a different email does that matter?
No, your Adobe ID (email) is registered in the app itself, it doesn't matter what email the device itself is set up with.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
book64
Love reading

Found the answer
https://aldiko.zendesk.com/entries/3...th-an-adobe-id
Can do it on the nexus itself
Got a bit stuck as no menu button on tablet
But since Aldiko itself said it wouldn't import the eBook , did it the other way round. Pressed hard on the Epub file and a sign in to adobe box appeared from nowhere lol
So all books added
Google told me lots of folks are getting puzzled with it lol
Advert