Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
jineapple
Enthusiast
jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Combining Clipboards

So I got a new Kindle after I broke my old one. No problems with the transition - except one:

My notes, markings etc. were stored in a file called "My clippings". With the new Kindle, it has created a new file called "My clipboard" and does all the new markings there. I was able to copy the old notes to the new file with Calibre - but then the Kindle again creates a new "my clipboard" file.

Is there anyway to combine those files so it will store any new markings and notes there too? (Standard Kindle PW, no jailbreak)
jineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Why do you care what the file is called? You can't control it, anyway. Just go with what the Kindle calls it.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jineapple View Post
With the new Kindle, it has created a new file called "My clipboard" and does all the new markings there.
Hey, this is an interesting info. Is this file also in the same structure with your MyClippings.txt files? If possible could you please upload a sample of it? What's the exact name of it? (MyClipboard.txt ?)

Last edited by thomass; 07-24-2013 at 09:33 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #4
jineapple
Enthusiast
jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The problem is that it's two files. One that has all the old markings, notes etc. and one that has all the new ones. I can combine them, but then the Kindle won't recognize it as the file that markings and notes should go to, and thus creates a new one.

I've just checked, the file that the Kindle writes into is called "my clippings.txt", on the Kindle it's called "Mein clipboard" (language is set to german)

Also, not sure what I did last time, but now it works lol. Just copy and pasted via editor. If I remember correctly, last time I used calibre, so I guess I edited the calibre file and then transferred that to the Kindle.

Problem solved then :P
Thanks anyway

Last edited by jineapple; 07-25-2013 at 05:47 AM.
jineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Check out kindle.amazon.com.
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert