Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
ajay42
ajay42 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Sigil 0.5.901 for Mac

Hello!

I hope this isn't against forum etiquette around here but I really need to find a copy of the 0.5.901 beta for Mac. I have it for PC (actually running quite swimmingly for what it's worth!) and am working with someone on a project who only has a Mac computer. We really need to do a lot of anchors and internal links (I mean hundreds per text, we are scanning rare academic texts). In any case, if anyone has the file I please let me know. Thank you!
ajay42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It was removed because the developers had enough feedback on that beta. They are working on a new version due relatively soon, but who knows exactly when. You can try sending a private message to meme or user_none, to see if they will send it to you. But they may want to spend their time working what they are working on than trying to support the buggy version that was out there.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
ajay42

Thanks for your response MrMikel. I actually tried that first but was unsuccessful as they are hard at work on the new version. I was hoping that one of the users here might have a copy still (bugs and all) that we could use till the new one is released.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is it you need the beta? What is it you need to do with the beta that you cannot do with the release version?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
ajay42

Thanks for the question JSWolf.
What we really need is the book view editor toolbar (the one with the button for links, the button for anchors, etc.) With the scale and intricacy of the project going in and editing/adding code (even search and replacing) would be a complete nightmare.
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay42 View Post
Thanks for the question JSWolf.
What we really need is the book view editor toolbar (the one with the button for links, the button for anchors, etc.) With the scale and intricacy of the project going in and editing/adding code (even search and replacing) would be a complete nightmare.
Outstanding reason for wanting the Beta
Just curious. You wanted 901? Why not 902?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
ajay42

The reason for wanting 901 is simply because that is the version I am using on my PC. Figured that Mac 901 and PC 901 would have less chance for any incompatability issues than 902. If you know otherwise I am happy to learn!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay42 View Post
The reason for wanting 901 is simply because that is the version I am using on my PC. Figured that Mac 901 and PC 901 would have less chance for any incompatability issues than 902. If you know otherwise I am happy to learn!
for me (on XP SP3) 901 had bigger problems than 902

Compatible? If you call working around different Quirks a compatibility issue. YMMV on a MAC version
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
ajay42

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
for me (on XP SP3) 901 had bigger problems than 902

Compatible? If you call working around different Quirks a compatibility issue. YMMV on a MAC version
I am perhaps being imprecise with language! Apologies. I am currently running 901 on my Windows 7 PC. I would be happy to receive a copy of either 901 or 902 for the Mac if anyone has it.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
ajay42

Anyway, if anyone has either files please let me know; you can pm me on here or contact me via our website: www.thebrooklyninstitute.com
Old 08-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
ajay42

please?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You're not likely to get anybody because John has a full time job doing payment system software and none of us wants to make his life even one scintilla harder by having any further baleful betas of this software he does in his spare time out there.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
ajay42

I hear you. But we would be guaranteed not to complain!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #14
J.C. Hendee
Author
J.C. Hendee began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+
Ditto to what ajay42 says, I would love to see a beta and contribute with feedback even... but I'm completely lost in trying to figure out how to compile from the latest source updates. Oh, and I can go any direction on OS, though Mac would be best for me, too.
J.C. Hendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I think it would be best to wait for the official release. It will save quite some crashes and frustration.
The dev-teams have had quite some feedback on the beta releases and are working quite heavily on the new version.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote