Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
rtmyers
rtmyers began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Where to download beta of Sigil 6?

Does there happen to be a binary (Windows preferred) of the Sigil 6 beta?
rtmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
No. The beta is closed. The creator(s) are working to solve the bugs. Perhaps there will be a new beta later.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmyers View Post
Does there happen to be a binary (Windows preferred) of the Sigil 6 beta?
IIRC they took it down after a sort comment period, leaving the crew to work out (and on) their plan.

I have a copy (windows MSI), but I would need permission to further propagate an un-supported (quirky ) version
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quirky it was.

If you enjoy-crave the newest and edgiest of software, you will eventually have to learn to build from source. That is the joy/aggravation of the gift of GPL3 code. Myself, I will wait
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
There is also no guarantee that this next released version will be entirely alike the beta was and you might have to learn how to do things all over again in a different way.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
morp
morp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxmark1 View Post
Quirky it was.

If you enjoy-crave the newest and edgiest of software, you will eventually have to learn to build from source. That is the joy/aggravation of the gift of GPL3 code. Myself, I will wait
I totally agree with paxmark. You could try downloading the clone "0.5.9" but you should keep in mind that it is work in progress and not advicable if your starting out. I repeat, try 0.5.9 clone at your own risk.
Talking about clone, does anyone know how to download entire source folder of Sigil clone with GitHub client?
morp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I know nothing about the GitHub client, but from the git command line you just run the command that is displayed on the Sigil source website, of:
Code:
git clone https://code.google.com/p/sigil/
Change the URL of course if you have made a remote clone of the Sigil respository and want to point to that instead.

If you are on Windows I use TortoiseGIT, mostly because I also use TortoiseSVN so I'm used to that style of explorer integration. It can do more than everything you need, though it can get horribly confusing to begin with the myriad of options. I think John summarised it well in an email when he said git is not so much a learning curve but rather more like leaping off a cliff.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote